13. Quidditch Match

*Fred's POV*

Y/n walked into the great hall with Malfoy. I remember her saying they were close, but how could you be friends with someone like that? All he did was make fun of me, my family, and my friends. I ignored her and the little ferret and turned to George.

"You ready for the quidditch game?"

He asked me. I had almost forgotten about it.

"Who are we playing again?"

I questioned.

"Hufflepuff."

Lee jumped in. I nodded in response. We talked about all kinds of different things until we got to the topic of Christmas and the dance.

"Any idea who you're going to ask to the dance?"

Ron inquired.

"No idea."

George and I said at the same time. We moved on to other topics, but I wasn't paying much attention. My eyes scanned the room and eventually landed on y/n. She was sitting at the Hufflepuff table. She was laughing with a large group of friends. I couldn't help but feel and pang of jealousy. Why was she laughing so much at what Diggory said? I pushed the thoughts from my head with a huff. 

"What's got you all bothered?"

Lee wondered aloud.

"Nothing."

I said sternly. 

"We've got to change that sour mood, Freddie."

George said with a wicked smile. We started talking about our plan to prank Snape, which brought up my mood. Every so often I'd look over to y/n. Her eyes met mine at one point. We looked into each others eyes from across the room for a minute before she shyly smiled. I returned the smile and pulled my eyes away from her. We continued planning the prank.

*Readers POV*

You were exhausted and you knew we had a quidditch match against Gryffindor today. You were nervous about playing against Fred. You prayed you wouldn't freeze. You're eyes started drooping when someone nudged your arm. Your eyes shot open and you looked to see who saved you from falling asleep. Cedric smiled at you.

"Tired y/n/n?"

You nodded.

"Why so tired?"

"I stayed up all night talking with an old friend."

You said with a yawn. Cedric stood up. You looked up at him.

"What are you doing? Classes don't start for ten minutes."

Cedric held out his hand.

"Come on, you're too tired to sit through all your classes and then a quidditch match. I'm taking you back to your room so you can sleep. I'll tell your teachers that you're sick."

You smiled up at him. You grabbed his hand and stood up.

"Thank you Cedric. Will you grab my makeup work for me?"

You put your best puppy dog pout on.

"Yeah I'll get your work."

"Thanks Ced!"

You stood up with him and walked towards the door. Cedric and I were walking together when we were stopped by someone.

*Fred's POV*

I turned around and saw Cedric walking with y/n. They were walking towards the door to leave. Kids were leaving, as class was starting in a bit. Before I knew what I was doing, I got up and walked towards them as they passed the Gryffindor table. My legs were moving without my brain's consent. I had no plan on what I was going to say once I got to them. I saw George and Lee get up from the table and follow after me.