17. We Made Up

*Readers POV*

There were only a few days left till the break was over. It was nice to get away from school work, but it was time to make sure you had all your work done. You were working on the last of your work in the library. It had been over a week since you and Fred stopped talking. You missed him more than anything, but honestly, you were starting to lose hope. Why hadn't he apologized yet?

Maybe he doesn't miss me. He's probably too busy snogging Angelina.

Your mind raced with all the different possibilities. It was as if the universe read your mind. A certain ginger sat down across from you.

"What do you need Fred?"

You asked, rather annoyed.

"Can I talk to you?"

He questioned. You closed your books, figuring you had nothing to lose.

"Alright."

Fred looked taken aback by your response, but he broke out into a smile. 

"I wanted to say I'm sorry for what I said at the dance."

You watched him as he spoke.

"Why'd you wait so long?"

"I wanted to give you time. I didn't want to rush to apologize. I want you to know I mean it. And let's be honest, if I apologized right after it happened, would you have even thought about forgiving me?"

"You know me too well."

Fred avoided eye contact. It was obvious he was nervous to talk to you. You thought about how adorable he looked when he was nervous.

"I didn't mean what I said, I really didn't. I just didn't like seeing you with Malfoy. I didn't want him to hurt you, so I tried to push you away from him. I know it was wrong regardless of if I didn't meant it. Take all the time you need. I totally get if you don't accept my apology."

You were bewildered by his words. You could tell he thought about what he was going to say a lot.

"And I know me apologizing for it won't fix it, because I know it hurt you. I'm going to try to never hurt you ever again."

Fred was fidgeting with his hands when he looked up at you. 

"I just have one question."

Fred nodded, signaling you to continue. 

"Do you really see me as a boring Hufflepuff who follows the rules?"

Fred looked hurt as he shook is head.

"Of course I don't see you like that. You're so amazing in every way. Would a goody two shoes break all the rules to help two idiot Gryffindor's pull pranks?"

You smiled at him.

"I forgive you Freddie. But you better watch what you say."

You warned, still smiling. Fred gave you a huge hug and you felt the butterflies go crazy in your stomach. 

"You ready for the prank on Snape? It's going to be epic!"

Fred still had his arms wrapped around you. You started playing with his hair.

"I don't want to get detention, but I think it'll be worth it."

Hermione walked up to your table and looked at you and Fred. She winked at you and walked to get a book.

"Thanks for the Christmas present Freddie."

You sat after a few minutes of comfortable silence.