30. Oliver and Angelina

A/n

Hey lovelies! Sorry for not updating, the holiday's have been pretty crazy. I was able to spend some time with my family, so thank you all for the patience and support!

*Fred's POV*

I was sitting at the table, tiredly eating some toast. It was rather dry if you ask me. Angelina was droning on about quidditch. She could give Oliver a run for his money. Y/n stumbled in looked just as tired as me. She sat down at the Hufflepuff table and leaned her head on her friend's shoulder. My eyes were glued to her, but I tore them away and forced myself to listen to Angelina. I looked around the table helplessly. George was talking to Lee, and they were having a very animated discussion about something. My eyes scanned the table until they fell on Oliver. Instead of chatting with people like he usually would, he was staring across the room. I followed his line of sight. He was looking at y/n in a nervous manor.

"You have got to be kidding me."

I mumbled. I knew there was something going on with them. 

"I know right! It was totally crazy!"

What I said must have gone along well with whatever Angelina was rambling on about. I watched as Oliver stood up and walked over to the Hufflepuff table. No one paid much attention, as this was a normal occurrence. 

"I'm leaving."

Angelina huffed. 

"Mhm."

I responded as she left. Oliver walked up to y/n and tapped her on the shoulder. I clenched my fists.

"You okay there Freddie?"

George asked me. He followed my line of sight until he saw Oliver and y/n.

"Oh."

George responded. He elbowed Lee and they seemed to have a silent conversation.

"Let's go ahead and get going to our first class..."

Lee and George dragged me out of the Great Hall before I could see what happened. 

*Reader's POV*

You were in the middle of an intense debate with some of my friends. 

"You have got to be joking!"

Eli shouted through fits of laughter. 

"You honestly can't think soccer is better than quidditch!"

Liv argued.

"They don't even fly!"

Jamie remarked. 

"They run back and forth and have to keep everyone away and play with their feet. What's not to love?"

You answered. Everyone continued to argue until someone tapped your shoulder. You turned around, still laughing at your group of friends. You smiled at Oliver who was peering down at you.

"Hey Oliver."

"Hey y/n. Can I talk to you alone for a moment?"

"Sure."

You stood up, grabbing your bag, and you followed Oliver out of the Great Hall.

"There's something I've been meaning to ask you."

He looked nervous.

"There's no need to be nervous Oliver."

You smiled and Oliver did the same.

"Well, I was wondering if.. if you would like to go out with me sometime. Like, on a date."

You definitely weren't expecting this. You wanted Fred, but he was with someone new. You chewed your lip as you thought it over.