32. Finally

You woke up to birds chirping loudly.

"It's too early for this."

You grumbled as you got dressed. You had given up on talking to Fred, so you walked through the corridors, making your way out to the quidditch pitch. You got changed into clothes better for flying, got on your broom and took to the sky. After flying around and trying to clear your head, you saw a familiar figure with bright red hair on the ground. You flew back to the ground and landed in front of no one other than your best friend.

"Hey."

You said breathlessly.

"Hey... I miss you."

"I miss you too."

Fred pulled you into a hug.

"I'm all sweaty and gross-"

"I don't care."

Fred wrapped his arms around your waist.

"Walk me back to the school?"

"But of course m'lady."

Fred bowed as you laughed at him. The two of you walked side by side in comfortable silence until the two of you walked into the Gryffindor common room. You sat down on the couch, taking your hair down. Fred was starign at you.

"What?"

"I wanted to apologize."

Fred rubbed the back of his neck.

"Well you're going to have to be a bit more specific than that. You could be apologizing for that time in third year when you got me a week worth of detention, when you turned my hair green. The list goes on and on."

You said with a smirk.

"Oh shut up y/n/n. I wanted to say I'm sorry for kissing you."

You heart dropped.

"Well, not exactly sorry about kissing you, but I'm sorry for the way I acted after."

"You're gonna need to do better than that Weasley."

You crossed your arms and looked him dead in the eyes.

"Oh shut up."

Fred mumbled and he grabbed your neck, pulling you closer until your noses were touching. You pulled away, his hand falling from your neck.

"You really think I was going to make this easy for you?"

You stood up, but Fred grabbed your arm.

"And you really thought I was going to let you go that easy? I've been waiting for this since second year."

Fred put his hand back around your neck, pushing you against the wall. He started to kiss you, slow and sweet. This is the moment you had waited for what felt like your whole life. The kiss slowly got more aggressive, more passionate. You playfully pulled away, teasing him.

"No way."

Fred started kissing you again, and you didn't want it to stop. His hands were resting gently on your waist, your hands tangled in his hair. Without breaking the kiss, the two of you moved over to the couch. You were on top of him, the kiss never stopping.

*Fred's POV*

Wow, y/n was not going to make this easy for me. Before I knew what I was doing, my hand was around her neck. She didn't seem to mind it, and I definitely didn't. I could tell she was teasing me, pulling away.

"No way."

I said. I saw a smirk cross over her face. How had I lived with this girl for years and never done anything about these feelings. I guess it doesn't matter now, because here we are. I started to take off her tie and she smiled into the kiss. She loosened my tie and started to unbutton my shirt.