1. The Exchange*

It's your first day back at Hogwarts. You are starting your fifth year, and you're pretty excited. Hogwarts is like a second home to you. Well, aside from your home with your mom and dad and the Burrow of course. As you get off the scarlet train, you see your good friend Hermione. You run up to her and engulf her in a bone-crushing hug. 

"I-I can't breathe y/n!"

As soon as you let her go you apologize. You hadn't seen her all summer. 

"Sorry 'Mione. I just haven't seen you in foreeeeeever." 

You said as you dramatically place your hand on your head. Hermione cracked a smile. You greet Ron and Harry, who you hadn't noticed were standing behind Hermione. You give Hermione a sly smile, as you knew the girl was head over heels for Ron. A light blush covered her cheeks. Before she could say anything to you, three deep male voices shouted "BOO!" behind you. You and Hermione both managed to scream before someone covered your mouths. You turned around, ready to tackle whoever scared you. As you turn on you heel, you recognize three boys, all with innocent smiles plastered across their face. Harry and Ron were on the floor from laughing so hard. The three boys see the look on your face and start to run. 

"Lee Jordan! Fredrick Weasley! George Weasley!"

You started to chase them around, trying to catch up to them. They were faster than you, and it was one against three. You had turned your head and lost sight of the boys. You felt a pair of strong arms wrap around your waist and lift you off the ground. 

"George Weasley put me down!"

"No can do, love." 

He replied as he walks away with you thrown over his shoulder. You pound your fists against his back trying to get him to put you down. He walks back over to Hermione, Ron, and Harry who are laughing so hard they can barely breathe. George finally puts you down. 

"Well nice to see you too."

George said sarcastically. You rolled your eyes and you can't help but smile. Eventually, Fred and Lee rejoin you all. You take turns hugging each of them. Just as Lee opened his mouth to say something, Professor McGonagall appeared. 

"Welcome back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We are delighted to have you all back. I trust you all will enjoy this year a little more."

She says this with a sly smile on her face. Everyone looks around and breaks into a soft murmur. McGonagall cleared her throat and continued her speech. 

"First years follow me. Everyone else follow Professor Filch to the carriages."

As you walked with the three boys to find a carriage, you start talking to them about McGonagall's speech.  

"What the bloody hell was she talking about?"

Fred asked. While the boys conversed about all the possibilities, you looked around for Nate. He was your boyfriend of seven months. You smiled imagining the look on his face when he would see you. To say you had a glow up was an understatement. You had finally gained confidence, and were drop dead gorgeous. Apparently some other people had noticed, as you felt many eyes follow you. You finally spot Nate standing with Draco and some other Slytherins. 

"Save me a seat on the carriage, I'll be right back."

Lee nodded as you quickly walk to Nate. He eyes you up and down looking rather uninterested. You tried to make conversation, but Nate was barely paying attention to you. You could've swore you saw him staring at pug face Pansy. You sigh and go join your friends. They had found a carriage to ride in. You sat down in the empty spot next to Fred. He was unusually quiet.

"So I saw you and Nate." 

Lee said while he wiggles his eyebrows. You laughed at him and told him the odd exchange you had. 

"Well if he hurts you-"

George started to say but you cut him off. 

"Yeah, yeah you'll break him."

You rolled your eyes and smile as the carriage starts to move, seemingly pulled by nothing.