21. The Second Task

*Fred's POV*

I rolled out of bed as my alarm clock went off. I dragged my feet to the bathroom and changed. Not a single part of me was looking forward to classes today. Everyone was excited, as the second task was tomorrow. It felt like ages since the first task. 

"You okay there Freddie?"

George asked me, falling into step beside me on our way to the great hall. 

"Yeah. This has been a long week."

I answered and George nodded. We entered the grand room and sat down in our usual spot. Lee was already there, talking to a Ravenclaw girl. She was standing while Lee was sitting, looking up at her. She was twirling her hair around her finger and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. They were laughing at something Lee said. She eventually went to sit down at her table. Everyone talked and I occasionally chimed in. Y/n didn't sit with us today. I looked over to the Hufflepuff table. She was sitting with her friends, her nose buried in one of her muggle books.  I smiled and turned back to George and Lee, who were talking about a new prank.

"Didn't y/n tell us to lay off?"

I remarked and the two boys looked at me in confusion.

"George, he's in too deep."

Lee said with a laugh.

"We've waited long enough."

I shrugged at George's remark and let them continue brainstorming.

***

I sat in Transfiguration. Y/n sat in front of me, next to George. I couldn't stop thinking about y/n and my amortentia.

"Mr. Weasley, I suspect you pay attention instead of staring at the back of Miss Y/l/n's head."

Professor McGonagall said loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes ma'am."

I didn't offer my usual snide remark, which appeared to take Minerva by surprise. The whole class laughed until the Professor cleared her throat. 

*Reader's POV*

You were taking notes when you heard Professor McGonagall say your name. You were blushing slightly. Fred was staring at you? He seemed distracted, like his mind was always somewhere else. You brushed it off and continued taking notes. 

***

You walked into the library, searching for a book about a new spell in charms. You were looking through some old books on a shelf when you heard Hermione, Harry, and Ron talking. 

"What do you mean you haven't figure the clue out?!"

You heard Hermione shriek. You decided to see what was wrong with the golden trio now. You walked up behind Harry.

"You haven't figured the task out?"

The three fourth years jumped.

"Bloody hell y/n! Don't scare us like that."

"But yes, the Chosen One over here hasn't figured it out."

"Hey, I know what the task is. I just don't how to do it..."

Harry defended against Hermione's accusation.

"What do you mean you don't know how to do it?"

You inquired.

"The task is to retrieve something that was stolen from you."

Harry explained.

"Well that doesn't sound too hard."