20

Flashback

"Guys!" Mackenzie said to the four boys as she ran into the studio.

Luke looked concerned, thinking something was wrong. Mackenzie was out of breath from running, leaning forward to catch her breath.

"Kenz what's wrong?!" Bobby asked as he looked to the blonde girl.

"Nothing. I just booked us the gig that's going to change our lives forever." She said with a smile.

"Boys, we are going to be the next big thing. Bon Jovi will lose his fans for them coming to us. WE ARE PLAYING THE ORPHEUM!" Mackenzie cheered, the four boys standing up.

"T-the orpheum?! How did you get that gig?!" Luke said, hugging and spinning the girl around.

"Well, I was handing out flyers advertising our band and then a lady who works at the orpheum saw and asked if we wanted the gig so I said yes. We play tonight!" Mackenzie said with a bright smile.

"This is the happiest I've seen you in what feels like forever! I love it!" Reggie said as the boys joined the hug.

They jumped around in circles for a little bit, then started rehearse their songs they would be playing tonight.

Little did the band know, this was their last time together in the studio.

The band was at the orpheum now, in the dressing room getting ready. Mackenzie was straightening her hair, her black cropped band tee and black ripped jeans with a fishnet under them.

Luke stood behind her with a smile. "I'm happy your getting back to your bubbly self." He said , kissing the back of her head.

"And I'm happy that we are going to be rock legends. Now let's go show them who's boss." Mackenzie said with a smile.

"You bet. But this is only sound check, we still have two hours until show time." Luke reminded her.

"Yeah.. but still, whoever is watching will be blessed. They will be lucky to get a first peek at us." She said with a smile, following Luke out of the dressing room.

Whoever's watching sure would be lucky. They'll be the last ones to hear their music as a full, alive band.

End of flashback:

"Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall" Julie sang, upset her band mates weren't there with her.

She was forcing a smile onto her face and prayed they would show up.

A drummer interrupted her praying, causing Julie to turn around, seeing Alex. A smile formed on her face as he returned a smile and nod.

Then, a bassist joined as Julie began singing again. Reggie smiled at the two on stage as Julie continued singing.

Next, Luke was trying to poof on, but he was glitching. Reggie and Alex looked worried at the boy but he finally came through with a smile. His hair all messy and sleeves missing from his suit.

"I'm going out of my mind
Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall" Luke sang, fully coming through.

The band all smiled but noticed Kenzie was missing.

Reggie was up on the platform with Alex and whispered "where's kenz..?" Alex looked over next to where Luke was, seeing the flashes of the girl trying to appear.

"Cmon Kenz.." Reggie said to himself. He hated seeing Mackenzie this weak.

"Like I'm glowing in the dark
I keep on going when it's all falling apart
Yeah I know it with all my heart
Ooh, ooh
Never look back" Mackenzie sang, fully appearing next to Luke. Her curled hair was now into waves and the long black dress was ripped to be a short one.

Everyone smiled at her. Looking around the room, Mackenzie noticed some familiar faces.

Bobby, Sarah, and Carrie.

Her and Reggie walked down the stage, standing on the end as Kenzie sang right at the terrified couple.

"That fucking bitch.." she heard Sarah whisper, a small smirk forming on mackenzies face.

"Whatever happens
Even if I'm the last standing
I'ma stand tall
I'ma stand tall" Alex sang, everyone playing background.

Next, Reggie sang the same thing, then Luke and Kenzie sang it. The couple looked into each others eyes with a smile on both of their faces.

As they all wrapped up the song, the five stood together on the edge of the stage to bow.

Mackenzie stared at Bobby and Sarah, an evil smirk on her face. The band bowed together, the ghosts poofing away to the studio.

"You guys why are we here.." Mackenzie said with a worried tone.

The four felt very weak as they got zapped. They all fell over onto each other on the ground.

They all groaned in pain, not even attempting to get up.

Most of Mackenzies body was on Luke and her legs were over Reggie. Luke held onto Mackenzie as they all got another zap.

Mackenzie almost yelled in pain, covering her mouth so Julie wouldn't hear.

The studio doors opened and Julie came in and started talking to the ghosts as if they crossed over.

She was going to walk out and cry about losing them, but something caught her eye making her turn the lights on.

"I-oh my god.. Kenzie!" She said noticing Mackenzies buddy flickering like when she poofed to the orpheum.

"No no no.. Kenz come on.. stay.." They all said, not getting a response.

"I feel really weak." Mackenzie softly said as the three boys dragged her up.

Julie didn't even care that she wouldn't be able to hug the ghost, but she tried anyways.

The two girls hugged each other, not even noticing the fact they touched each other.

"Whoa.." Kenzie said, realizing what's happening.

"I-I feel stronger.." she said pulling away from the hug.

The three boys came over, joining the hug. Their body's started to glow and a purple stamp floated out of their skin, into the air.

"W-what does that mean..?" Julie asked, seeing the stamps.

"I think the band is back." Luke said with a smile.

Alex smiled and looked to everyone "can we try that hug thing again." He said with a smile.

The five hugged each other and jumped around.

"We played the orpheum!" They cheered.

After their hug, Julie went inside to her room, leaving the ghosts alone.

Mackenzie hugged Luke the tightest she has in a while. Luke gave her a kiss before hugging back.

"Look how happy everyone is. This is great! But what happens when Caleb finds out?" Alex said, bringing the mood down a little.

"He will have to deal with it. Nothing is going to ruin this." Reggie said, smiling at his happy sister and best friend having their moment.

"Oh and Kenz, while we preformed why did you keep looking into the same spot in the crowd?" Alex asked making Mackenzie smirk.

"Wanna know? Bobby and Sarah were scared shitless watching us." Mackenzie said, the boys eyes going wide.

"They were there?!" Reggie asked, eyes going wide.

"Yes. Now I think we have some revenge to get on them now that they know we are here." Mackenzie said, her evil smirk forming, the boys looking at her worried.

When it came to revenge, it was usually Luke trying to get it. Rarely Mackenzie. But, when it was well needed, Mackenzie knew when to get it done.

"I like this plan." Luke said, squeezing the girl.

"Yeah. Now, let's get a move on our revenge plan." She said smiling at the boys as they sat on the couch.