29

Flashback

*Few days before the orpheum gig*

Although the band has been non stop rehearsing for the orpheum, they all needed a mental break.

For Mackenzie, that meant staying at the studio with Luke and keeping each other close.

"Just wait until we get a deal with some managers.. I can already feel we are going far. With you back and mostly out of your depression and the power of our band, I just can't wait." Luke said, smiling at the girl who was laying on top of him.

"Don't get your hopes up, I'm not fully ok yet. But, I will admit that if I didn't have you I wouldn't be here." Mackenzie said, gently smiling at Luke.

"I know you think so low of yourself, but you have no clue how others see you. The other people at school don't like you because they're scared of Sarah. You have to see how much you mean to all of us." Luke said tucking kenzies hair behind her ear.

"Well, since we are on the topic of how people see us.. have you spoken to your family..?" The asked, seeing the smile on his face drop.

"Sorry I just-"

"No it's ok. I was thinking of going back after our orpheum gig so they know we are successful at what we do. Now, keep yourself alive for this gig because I want to play my mom unsaid emily." He said, not knowing that would never happen.

"I would say the same to you.. but your trustable to keep yourself alive too." She responded, smirking at the boy.

"Ok my little Kenzie bears." He said, poking the girls nose.

Mackenzie was quick to slap the boys arm, reminding him of the consequences when she gets called that.

Enjoying each others company, Mackenzie ended up falling asleep and soon after Luke did too.

End of flashback:

"I like that idea." Mackenzie said, smiling at Luke after sensing how hard this whole thing is going to be for him.

"Ok, now we all know the song but we gotta teach Julie." Alex said, motioning his head to the living girl.

"alright." Luke said as the five of them got their instruments together.

They started off with the instruments since the inky once who would really be singing were Luke and Mackenzie.

"Wow.." Julie said once they finished the run through.

Hearing the song gave the room a sadder feeling, but it would all be worth it.

"Julie are you free to go now..?" Luke asked, hopeful he could just get this over with.

Julie nodded her head and grabbed her phone to cal the Patterson house. Within a few rings there was an answer.

"Hi this is Julie.. the girl who found Luke's song.." Julie said into her phone.

"Yeah I'm good, I was wondering if you guys would like to come by the studio.. there's something you should see.."

"Ok great.. thank you." Julie said, hanging the phone up.

"They're coming in five minutes. You all ready?" Julie asked, looking to the four ghosts.

Alex and Reggie nodded, along with Mackenzie who was looking at Luke. She could see this wasn't going to be easy, it's just one of THOSE days.

Within five minutes, there was a knock on the studio doors, making Luke shake his leg, something he always does when he's nervous.

"Hey Julie. Wow this is really nice, way different than what I remember. Now is everything ok?" Mrs Patterson said, entering the studio with Mitch.

"Yeah it's just.. there's more to what I know about Luke and I just wanted you guys to see." Julie said, walking over to her piano as Luke's parents sat on the couch.

She began to play the melody to unsaid emily, looking to where the four ghosts would come in.

When the lyrics began, Luke appeared, making his parents eyes go wide.

"First things first
We start the scene in reverse
All of the lines rehearsed
Disappeared from my mind
When things got loud
One of us running out
I should have turned around
But I had too much pride
No time for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologise
Pieces of a clock that lies broken" Luke sang, almost everyone in tears of how this was about to go. But, the Patterson's cried even more when another ghost showed up.

"If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
And every time would not erase me
If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily" Luke and Mackenzie harmonized as the other members appeared.

As the song continued, the instrumental section came, giving Luke time to speak.

He stepped up to where his parents stood and said "I'm so so sorry I ever ran out.. I was going to come back.."

Emily stood off the couch, reaching out to touch her son and actually feeling him again for the first time in 25 years.

Luke was quick to hug both of his parents, their small group hug making a smile appear on Mackenzies face.

"A-and your all here? Macky too?" Emily said seeing the others standing behind watching.

"Yup, I'm here Mrs P." Mackenzie said, running to emily and hugging her.

"Oh you have no idea how much we regret ever doubting you all. And Bobby.. he came back too.." Mitch said looking to the ghosts.

"Mr and Mrs P, Bobby never left. He performed that night at the orpheum under a different name." Alex said, making the attention go to him.

"What? Bobby did?" Emily asked wiping the tears from her face.

"Luke you tell her.." Mackenzie said, looking at the boy in tears.

"Bobby is Trevor Wilson. He stole my songs and made produced them like he wrote them. If-if I got my recognition It would've been proof that this was all worth it." Luke said, looking to his parents.

The Patterson's were speechless. No one knew Bobby would ever be capable of this. He couldn't even stand up for Mackenzie or help her when she needed it most.

"And you won't guess who he married." Mackenzie said, wiping her own tears.

"Sarah. Sarah D-Davis. And he didn't even care she was hurting me." Mackenzie said, frowning at the thought of it.

Emily Patterson's whole face changed. She looked mad. Mad that Bobby would betray Mackenzie like that.

"Aw Macky.." emily said, overwhelmed about her feelings and how she can see the band.

That just made Mackenzie burst into tears. Luke gave the girl a hug, his parents softly smiling at him.

"After all these years, nothing could pull you two apart." Mitch said, putting his hand on emilys shoulder.

"Never in a million years." Luke whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Sooner or later, the four ghosts disappeared from view of the Patterson's, leaving them confused.

"Where'd they go..?" Emily asked, looking around the studio.

"After a little bit they can't be visible to people.. but I can always see them since I somehow summoned them." Julie said, looking at the confused older couple.

"Well, thank you so much for showing us our Luke again." Emily said, hugging Julie before they left.

"No problem. Just give me a call if you ever want to come by." Julie said as they left.

"Thank you so much. Goodbye."

"Bye!"