50

Flashback

"Kenz are you ready?" Luke asked, knocking on the studios bathroom door.

The door opened and revealed the shorter girl wearing comfortable clothes like Luke told her to. It wasn't like these were hers, they're actually Luke's sweatshirt and a pair of her sweatpants.

"Yeah, where are we going?" She asked as she saw the smile on Luke's face grow.

"Get in the car.. you'll see." Luke said as he held up the sunset curve van keys.

Mackenzie laughed and got into the passengers seat, buckling her seatbelt.

Luke pulled out of the driveway and started driving away, not telling the girl where they're going.

"Luke if this is your plan to kill me, at least let me know." Mackenzie joked, making them both laugh.

"I wouldn't kill my Kenzie bears. If you must know, we are going to the movie they're showing in the park." Luke said, looking from the girl to the road.

"Wait really?! I've always wanted to go to one of those!" Mackenzie said with a huge smile.

"I know, that's what Alex told me so I figured that this could be our last normal date before we go big with our music." Luke said as he took the girls hand in his.

When they got to the park, Luke stopped the car so it was facing the large screen where the movie would be played.

"What movie is this anyways?" Mackenzie asked the boy, seeing the mischievous smirk on his face.

"Halloween.." he said.

"Luke! A scary movie?! Seriously!" The girl said, sinking into her seat.

"Hey hey, relax. I'm going to be right here the whole time. Plus, your reactions are priceless" Luke said, rubbing the girls shoulder.

Mackenzie just nodded her head. She hates scary movies and everyone knows, especially Luke.

When they were younger the boys would drag her to the living room of one of their houses and they'd watch scary movies.

Mackenzie would usually hide under a blanket or jump in fear into Reggie or Luke, being they were usually the ones next to her.

Luke reached into the back seats, handing the girl a blanket the she would either use or hide under, and some popcorn.

As the movie began, the two watched the screen. Mackenzie was holding onto Luke's arm extremely tight like her life depended on it.

"Kenz your alright." Luke said, looking down to his arm then to the girls head.

Mackenzie looked up and Luke could see the movie was actually scaring her. He made a pouty face to the girl.

"Look at me." He said, making the girl to look at his face. "Ok?" He said once he got her full attention.

He bit his lip real quick as he looked from her eyes to her lips, making her smile.

Mackenzie smirked and leaned over the arm rest and kissed him.

The two sat there for a couple of minutes just making out, not even paying attention to the movie.

"All better?" Luke asked with a smirk.

Mackenzie nodded and kissed him on more time, then sat back in her seat.

"Let's get out of here." Luke said as he started the car back up and pulled away from the park.

Mackenzie sighed in relief that they didn't have to watch that movie anymore.

After five minutes, the van stopped in front of bennys shop, the two smiling as they walked inside.

"Hey! Where are the other guys?" Benny asked as he saw the two enter.

"Resting up, we play the orpheum tomorrow. Benny my guy, we are going to be big." Luke said with a smile.

"I better get an honorable mention for selling you all your instruments!" Benny said with a smile.

Benny always loved the band, and he knew they'd be big. But the fact that his instruments helped them get there made him happy.

Mackenzie went to the guitar wall and lifted off a white electric guitar. "Hey Benny, you got a sharpie?" She asked.

Benny tossed over a black sharpie to the girl as she came towards the desk. Mackenzie placed the guitar on the desk, signing her name on it.

"Kenzie Stanton" she wrote as if it was an autograph.

Luke smiled and took the sharpie next and signed his name "Luke Patterson- punk"

"You two are hilarious, this is going right on the photo wall of fame." Benny said, bring the guitar to the back and setting it down on one of his tables.

"You will cherish that forever Benny, don't forget about us whenever we go on our world tours." Luke said, pointing to the man.

"I can't forget my punks. Now go go, it's late and you have a big day tomorrow." Benny said.

The two teens left the shop, saying goodbye to Benny.

Luke put the bands demo disk into the DVD player in the van as they drive home.

"DOOONT LOOK DOWN!" the two sang extreme loud.

By the time they got back to the studio, the song was over and they had the volume lowered.

When they got in, Mackenzie laid down on the couch, leaving room for Luke to join her.

"Ok, let's get some sleep.." Luke said, yawning as he sat next to the girl.

"Luke?" She said softly as she laid her head in his shoulder.

"Mhm?" He hummed , wrapping an arm around her.

"I love you."

"I love you too Kenzie."

A/N
2 more chapters after this 🥺