19

Early the next morning, Mackenzie woke up to see all of the boys gone and a panicked Julie waiting impatiently.

"Finally your awake! What's taking them so long?!" Julie said, tapping her foot on the ground.

"What do you mean? How would I know?" Mackenzie asked with a confused tone.

"They said they wouldn't be long! It's been almost an hour!" Julie said, not helping Mackenzie figure out what's going on.

"Jules your gonna have to tel me what's going on. I might be dead but I'm certainly not a mind reader." Mackenzie said with a small laugh.

"Willie is helping the boys get a gig at the orpheum tonight. So you should get up and ready for the day." Julie said, making the girl jump up.

"What?! This is great!" Mackenzie said in her excited tone.

Running to the ladder up to the loft, the girl got a pretty bad zap, making her trip and fall.

Almost on cue, the three boys poofed into the room. Reggie saw the purple flash as his sister fell over, going to her side and helping her up.

"It feels like if I get one more zap I'm gonna die. I don't want to die!" Mackenzie cried into her brothers shoulder.

"Kenz your not going anywhere whether you like it or not." Reggie said, hugging her back.

"Look, you guys we got the gig! We are one step closer to being free from the zaps." Luke said, trying to brighten the mood as he went to where Mackenzie was.

"Good. But I need a second." Mackenzie said, sitting down in the arm chair.

Luke stood behind the chair, massaging her shoulders as she slumped down.

"Ok well.. you should be getting a call righhhht now!" Alex said, pointing to the phone on the coffee table.

There was no call.

"Ok ok , righhht now!" He said again, doing the same thing. This time, Julies phone lit up and a call came.

The four cheered, Kenzie just smiling. Of course she was excited but the zap ruined her moment.

"Yes this is Julie!"

"Oh my gosh! Yes of course!"

"Ok we will see you later!"

Julie cheered as the phone hung up. Jumping around the room like a bunch of four year olds, the boys and Julie did a quick celebration.

A little later in the day, about an hour before the show, Julie came back into the studio.

"Ok you guys.. this is it." Julie said a forced smile to block the sadness.

"Jules.. you know we will always be with you even if we are up there or down there." Mackenzie giggled, feeling way better than earlier.

"Yeah I know. And if you guys happen to see my mom, tell her I love her.. and thank her for sending you guys here. I would be so lost without you." Julie said with a smile.

"Of course." the four said, huddling together for a band circle.

"Ok guys, whatever this night leads us to, we always have each other even if we can't see it. Julie, your going to be a star and nothing can change my mind about that. Don't cry over us when you have so much more to look forward to." Luke said, softly smiling at everyone.

"Thank you guys, for everything. Without you none of this could've happened." Julie said, smiling at everyone.

Suddenly, a car horn beeped causing Julie to look up. "That's my dad, he's driving me there. See you then. I love you guys." She said stepping away from the four.

"We love you too Jules." The ghosts said back to Julie, watching as she walked away.

"Good luck tonight sunset curve." Carlos said, clapping his hands as he entered the garage studio.

"Wh-what? How did he know?!" Reggie asked, Alex giving him a look.

"Oh I don't know. Maybe it was the blinds, or the sheets, or the lamp."Alex said, crossing his arms.

"You guys, it doesn't matter anyways. After tonight, we are free." Luke said.

"Oh an is that so?" A familiar, evil voice said from behind after Carlos left.

"Caleb." Mackenzie said, not very pleased with the sudden appearance.

"Well hello Mackenzie. Long time no zap!" Caleb said, sending a small zap to Mackenzie and making her wince in pain.

"Caleb would you stop it! We aren't joining your band!" Luke said, helping Mackenzie stand straight.

"Yeah you can't make us either." Alex said, making Caleb angry.

Next thing they knew, Caleb blew a kiss at them and made them appear in a new room, new clothes, and lots of music.

The four looked to their clothes, seeing more of a formal outfit than what they're used to.

Alex had on a pink tuxedo, Luke had a navy blue one, Reggie had a red one, and Mackenzie was in a long black dress.

"H-how'd you know our sizes?" Alex asked, earning a slap in the arm from Luke.

"THATS your question." Luke said, not very pleased.

"My offer still stands with you joining my band. At least your all here together. Now, when your done preforming, you soak in the applause for as long as you want. With Julie, you disappear right when the music cuts." Caleb said.

"We told you NO!" Mackenzie said realizing her six string was on her back. "No no no, don't even try to get me on that stage." She argued.

"Miss Stanton, I have total control over you. I can give one big deadly zap and get rid of you, I could give a bunch of small ones, or you could join my band. Now your lucky with the opportunity your getting so shut your mouth and do as I say." Caleb said, the three boys looking angry.

"Hey don't talk to her like that." Luke said, not one bit pleased with Caleb.

"Protective of the girl, I see. Why is that?" Caleb said, looking to all three boys.

"She's important to all of us. Reasoning behind it is none of your business." Reggie said pulling his sister slightly behind him.

"Great. Don't forget about my offer." Caleb said as he walked into the stage.

The crowd cheered him on as he started a musical number.

"You guys this isn't good. We need to get to Julie." Luke said in a worried tone.

Alex wanted to respond, but he started twirling his drum sticks in one hand then poofed onto stage.

"Alex!" Caleb said with his evil little smile.

"No no no, Reggie not you too." Mackenzie said as Reggie poofed away onto the stage too.

"Reggie!" Caleb said.

"And luuke!" Caleb said, Luke trying his best to stay backstage with Mackenzie.

"And don't forget our little Kenzie!" Caleb said, poofing Mackenzie onto the stage up next to Alex.

"He did not just call me that." She angrily whispered to Alex.

"I can't control anything. Kenz can you?" Alex whispered, nervous energy filling his body.

"Nope. We need to get out of here as soon as possible ok.." Kenzie said as Alex nodded.

Luke looked angry at Caleb. He hated being controlled by other people. He always said how he liked being in control of himself.

And Reggie, he looked confused and amazed but also angry, something that was rare for him.

"How do you like my new band!" Caleb cheered to the audience, them cheering back.

"We aren't your band!" Mackenzie tried to yell, but it was almost as if Caleb muted her from everyone else. The only ones giving any sort of reaction were the boys and the angry look coming from Caleb.

The music cut off and the band was poofed off the stage, giving the four ghosts a chance to escape.