60 - Epilogue

16 years later.

"You may rise now, crown prince."  Namjoon said in a solemn voice and Soobin got up from the floor where he was kneeling and faced his father.

He looked around at all his family, his dad Jin, uncles Taehyung and Jungkook and his cousins Beomgyu, Yeonha and Yeonjun. They were all smiling at him. Well, maybe not Beomgyu, the brat was trying to make him laugh throughout the entire ceremony.

Imagine the crown prince bursting out in laughter at his own coronation. Yep, Soobin's first piece of business as the crown prince would be to kick his cousin's ass.

______________________________________

Soobin is the only descendent of the royal blood line. Namjoon was of the opinion of adopting a child, since it was unlikely for neither Taehyung nor him to continue the blood line, but Jin had other plans.

It seemed like the late queen, Namjoon's mother, had once expressed her desire to pass the throne to a biological child and Jin had promised her that it will. He of course had thought about a child from Taehyung, assuming that the his brother-in-law would marry a princess one day.

It took a long time for Jin to convince Namjoon to use a surrogate mother to have a child. He was totally against it at first but Jin managed to convince him.

Namjoon didn't even know who's the woman carrying his child as it was one of his conditions when giving in to Jin's demands. Namjoon didn't want to be considerate towards anyone except his husband.

Jin picked a suitable candidate, made Namjoon follow the initial process and then everything else was done by Jin. He looked after the mother well, Jin stayed with her from prior to one month from the due date.

Jin was with the mother at the child birth and the month leading after that. They couldn't have the mother at the royal palace since Namjoon absolutely refused to know the identity of her and didn't want anyone in the palace to know it too.

The mother was of the same opinion. She was a kindhearted and intelligent woman, who didn't want her identity to be a threat against the palace in the future. So Jin and a small number of trustworthy staff were at a remote location for a period of 2 months and returned with an heir to the throne.

Taehyung and Jungkook adopted 3 children. Their first child, Beomgyu,  was after 3 years of marriage and then a twin girl and a boy, Yeonha and Yeonjun. They all stayed in a palace, making the children, along with Hoseok's dauther, grow up together.

Taehyung renounced his title when the prince Soobin became 15 years old and the young prince was crowned instead. That has been agreed for a long ago. Taehyung took the young prince under his wing and taught him everything he needs to know and guided him in his duties as the crown prince.

Yoongi had stepped down as a royal guard and was now the most trusted adviser for the king. He married Jimin but didn't adopt any children. Neither was that keen on the subject and anyway, there were lot of children running around in the palace at that time for them to feel the need even.

Uncle Jimin was the favourite of Taehyung's daughter, Yeonha. They used to joke that Yoonmin were the parents of that girl, with the way she attached herself to them.

Hoseok retired from the captaincy of royal guard and now he's the head trainer for royal guards. He married Seolhyun, the friends didn't even know when that started.

After Seolhyun was brought to the palace, Taehyung asked her to stay in the palace as a gratitude for what she did with regards to prince Kai and she had agreed. Chance had brought these two together and they immediately clicked.

After about 4 years later from his crowning, Soobin married the daughter of queen Jisoo, tightening the alliance that their parents made. The couple met many times throughout their childhood and teenage years and gradually they fell in love.

Namjoon and Taehyung were over the moon happy when Soobin told them about the princess and so was Jisoo. The wedding was considered as the wedding of the century.

Beomgyu worked really close with Soobin, as he was the prince's most trusted friend. They were brothers, just as Namjoon and Taehyung had been to each other.

The twins didn't had much interest in the palace or the royal duties and Taehyung gave them the freedom to do whatever they liked.

Jungkook retired from the royal guards unit when the children came in to the picture and was taken up a job at foreign ministry, working under Jimin. He was qualified for it and liked the flexibility it provided to be with his husband and children.

Jungkook and Taehyung were in love throughout their life time, exactly like they were in their twenties. They held each other in highest regard and always supported. Yes there were ups and downs but they always resolved it as soon as possible.

Their fights are very much famous in the palace but everyone knew they both loved each other to the moon and back. Jungkook will always be a brat to his prince and Taehyung, honestly, didn't want it any other way.

Cause frankly, he knew exactly how to handle his bratty guard.