38 - We Will Have To Pay Hell For This.

Next day morning, Jungkook came to the prince's room to apologise before they go. He walked in and pulled Taehyung for a kiss, much to the prince's surprise.

After few seconds of passionate kissing they pull apart, only to keep their heads leaned on to each other.

"I'm sorry for making you upset, Tae. But you know this is my job right. I promise to be careful. Ok?" Jungkook said as he pulled back to look at the prince.

Taehyung has an unreadable emotion in his eyes and the guard looked at him with a pout.

"Won't you talk to me before I go? Please.." Jungkook said with the pout but Taehyung didn't smile at him like he would normally do when Jungkook becomes playful.

Jungkook felt his spirits do down and turned to leave the room with a sigh. But before he could reach the door, he was pulled in to a back hug by the prince.

"You better hope to God that it won't be dangerous. Because if you came back in a less than perfect condition that you are going now, then you'll see who I really am."

Taehyung growled in to Jungkook's ear as he tightened his hold around the younger and Jungkook felt a shiver ran through him at that voice.

He couldn't speak so he just gave a nod and Taehyung sighed in response.

"Go. Be safe." Taehyung said finally as he released the guard after giving a light peck to his nape.

Jungkook turned around to give a smile to the prince and felt his heart at peace when the prince gave a small smile in return.

______________________________________

Taehyung watched from the open corridor as the troop goes out in vehicles for their mission. He felt a presence behind him and turned to see Namjoon standing there with Yoongi. Both looked troubled.

"Tae.. I know this is difficult for you but really, you are just being over protective. It'll be ok and he can certainly take care of himself." Namjoon said in a soothing voice.

Taehyung doesn't say anything at first. But then he looked at the king and Namjoon got startled at the depth of emotions in the prince's eyes.

"I hope they come back safe too, hyung. Because if he doesn't, I don't know what I'll do." Taehyung said in a tight voice and leaves the shocked Namjoon there.

"Yoongi, the team we sent is a good lot right?" Namjoon asked in a worried tone and Yoongi thought for few seconds before replying.

"As good as the next lot, I suppose. No where near the guards quality though. Jungkook will still be the best fighter among them." Yoongi replied in an equally worried tone.

"Oh I hope I won't have to regret this. I have never seen Tae behave like this before." Namjoon said as he looked at the quickly disappearing dots of the vehicles.

______________________________________

In the car, Jungkook just stared out of the window. He hasn't spoken with anyone except for the necessary amount. The team leader looked at the royal guard curiously.

He has requested the guard to stay next to him as he fully intended to follow the crown prince's command. Jungkook didn't had any problem with that. It didn't matter with whom he stayed with as he didn't knew anyone there.

Last part of the journey has to be done on foot.They got off from their vehicles and walked deep in to the forest. They were being cautious as they neared the caves, making as little sound as possible.

Suddenly there were sounds of gun shots ringing through the forest and everyone fell to the ground seeking cover. The leader had a hand on Jungkook's back as he scanned the direction of the gunman.