21 - Game Night.

"Tae, you are coming right?" Namjoon's voice came through the phone and Taehyung gave an enthusiastic nod.

"Yes hyung, I was just about to leave." He also replied as he realized that Namjoon couldn't see his nod through the phone.

"Ok then."

Taehyung looked at the guard next to him as they made their way through the palace.

"Are you interested in football?" Taehyung asked from Jungkook as they walked.

"Of course I am, your highness." Jungkook replied with a huff.

Who wouldn't? When Korea has finally managed to come to the finals. The game will start in about 15 minutes. Jungkook however, had given up on watching it live when he was put for guard duty today. He'll have to settle with knowing about it later.

They walked till they reached the King's living quarters and Taehyung led them to a living room with an enormous TV. Jungkook gasped in surprise as he saw the King and Queen, dressed in plain slacks and t-shirts. They were sitting on a comfy sofa, queen Jin had his head laid on the King's thigh.

Jimin and Yoongi was also there, sitting rather close to each other and Jungkook could swore he saw a light blush on Jimin's face.

"Hey brother, you made it." King Namjoon greeted Taehyung and Jin raised his head a bit and gave a smile. Both of them smiled fondly at Jungkook when the guard gave a polite bow.

"Hi Kook, welcome to our game night." Jimin said to the astonished guard who seem to be frozen on the spot.

Taehyung had already sat on the only vacant sofa and he waived Jungkook to sit next to him. But Jungkook was so shocked that he didn't seem to know how to move. Taehyung shook his head a bit with an amused look before getting up from the sofa and walking towards the younger.

"Come!" He said gently as he grabbed Jungkook's wrist and practically dragged the guard to the sofa. Taehyung gave a little tag, making Jungkook fall on the sofa before plopping himself next to him.

Jimin raised his eyesbrows at the prince and Taehyung just shrugged his shoulders. Jungkook of course had his head hung low so he didn't see any of that.

After about 5 more minutes, the door opened again and Hoseok came running in.

He gave a respectful bow to the king, queen and Taehyung before plopping himself on to the single armchair.

"Did it start?" Hoseok asked after he took few breaths to calm himself.

"Nope, you are just in time." Yoongi replied.

Jungkook looked up at his captain with and uneasy look and Hoseok gave a reassuring smile in return. He knows that this must be kind of overwhelming for the younger guard.

Hoseok remembered the first time they got together like this. He and prince Namjoon were somewhat friends by that time but it was still little uncomfortable. Jungkook must be feeling even worse.

Jungkook was actually very much uncomfortable. He was shocked, scared and wanted nothing but the ground to make a hole and swallow him.

"Alright there, Jungkook?" Namjoon asked in a kind tone and Jungkook immediately sprang to his feet.

"Y-yes, your majesty."

Taehyung gave a sigh and pulled the younger back to the sofa.

"You don't have to get up, we are friends here. Just enjoy the match." Taehyung leaned a bit when he said that and Jungkook stiffened in his seat.

The match started and everyone watched it enthusiastically. It was loud and explosive. The first time Korea scored a goal, everyone yelled at the top of their lungs. Jimin and Hoseok even did a little victory dance.

Everyone except Jungkook was enjoying the game very much.

Taehyung noticed that the younger guard was not having much of a good time. He leaned in and sneaked a hand around Jungkook's shoulders and pulled the younger towards him a bit. Taehyung instantly felt the guard stiffening under him and spoke up with a sigh.

"Relax, Kook. And enjoy the game."

Jungkook squirmed a bit.

"D-didn't you p-promised you wouldn't try anything?" Jungkook asked in a desperate tone and Taehyung chuckled a bit at the younger's adorable reaction.

"Hey, that applies only to the training room." Taehyung replied in a teasing tone and Jungkook huffed a bit. "But still, I wouldn't do anything if you are uncomfortable."

"I am!! Very much." Jungkook muttered in an annoyed and maybe a little flustered voice.

"I see." Taehyung said tightly and pulled his hand back.

He looked around the room and locked eyes with Jimin. Jimin knew what the prince was asking as he had also been worried about his friend's uncomfortable state but wasn't able to do anything about it because of Taehyung.

Jimin gave a nod to Taehyung and leaned towards Yoongi and whispered something in to his ear. Yoongi looked at Jungkook for a second and then turned to give Jimin a fond smile.

Yoongi got up from his seat just as Taehyung tapped Jungkook's hand to get his attention.

"Go sit with Jimin." Taehyung said in a gentle voice and Jungkook looked at him in surprise. "Go on, it's ok."

Jungkook looked up to see Yoongi already standing near him and quickly got up from his sofa. He walked little tentatively towards the sofa that Jimin was sitting on. Before Jungkook could sit down voluntarily, Jimin pulled him on to the sofa and wrapped his arms around the younger in a tight hug.

"I got you, Kook." Jimin said tenderly and Jungkook couldn't help but lean in to his hold.

He was able to enjoy the match after that and before long, he was yelling and screaming like the rest of them.

Taehyung looked at the younger man who was finally having fun and felt his heart at peace. Although he was little jealous and angry at the interaction of those two, If Jungkook is happy, then it's all good.

"So.. you and Jungkook?" Taehyung's thoughts were interrupted by Yoongi's voice.

Taehyung didn't say anything but gave a little smile to Yoongi.

"He doesn't seem to be on board with that though." Yoongi said again in a concerned voice.

"Yeah, I'm still working on it." Taehyung said with a groan, making Yoongi laugh a bit.

"Well, good luck then."

After that they both concentrated on the match.

At the half time, everyone helped themselves to the food and drinks that Jin had already prepared. Taehyung saw Jungkook getting food and slowly made his way to him. When Jungkook turned to go back to Jimin, Taehyung grabbed his hand and pulled the younger guard towards him.

"You're eating with me!" Taehyung said in that quite voice and Jungkook gave a nod. "Then you can go back to Jimin."

Taehyung and Jungkook are their snacks in silence. Taehyung could see that with each passing minute, Jungkook's face got redder and redder.

Everyone finished their break and snacks and got back in the living room to watch the rest of the match.

For the next 45 minutes, all 7 of them were normal men in their twenties, without any titles or any responsibilities. They laughed, groaned and cheered for their country's team without worrying about politics or power struggles.

And every one of them, treasured that freedom and friendship very much.