23 - Trouble, Again.

Taehyung called Jinyoung to his living quarters that night. The guard came with a nervous look as he didn't knew what this was about. He tentatively went in with the prince's permission when the guard outside announced his presence.

"Your highness." Jinyoung said with a respect bow.

"Jinyoung, sit down" Taehyung replied in an even tone.

They waited in an awkward silence where the prince debated in his head about the best way to get the information he needed and Jinyoung waited patiently for the crown prince to talk.

"Look Jinyoung, I'm not in to beating around the Bush so I'll get straight to the point."

"Yes, your highness?"

"Who was the man that you spoke to at the university today and what's your relationship with him?"

Jinyoung gasped in surprise. He didn't know what he got called for but he certainly didn't think this. But it's the crown prince who's asking so he had to answer.

"T-that was my best friend from c-collage, Kim Yugyeom, your highness. He is an assistant professor at the university." Jinyoung replied in a confused manner.

"Ok, and what's Jungkook's relationship with him?"

"He and Jungkook used to be neighbors when they grew up so they're friends too."

Something about Jinyoung's voice alerted Taehyung that there was more to it.

"Friends? Are you sure?"

Jinyoung looked bit troubled and Taehyung even noticed a hint of irritation in his face too.

"I-I..."

Taehyung could clearly see his hesitation and he doesn't want to pull the truth out by using his 'prince' card as it's not fair to the guy. So Taehyung used a different approach.

"Jinyoung, listen to me very carefully. I'm not asking this as the prince but as a fellow man. I can't exactly explain my reasons for these questions but trust me, I'm sure this will be of your best interest as it is will be mine." Taehyung said in a sincere voice and Jinyoung looked up in surprise.

He was uncomfortable with revealing personal information but something about the prince's voice made him made up his mind.

"Yugyeom liked Jungkook, from a very long time. Heck, I'm sure he still do. But from what I know, Jungkook never clued in on the subject. Yugyeom never indicated any of that to Jungkook because he's worried that Jungkook might misunderstand him. The guy thinks of Yugyeom as his brother." Jinyoung explained with a sigh.

"And where do you  come in on all this?" Taehyung tempted gently.

"I-I... I have f-feelings for Yugyeom, your highness." Jinyoung stuttered, looking down at the floor and Taehyung whooped in his mind.

Now this will work out very well. Taehyung could barely stop himself from smiling. Jinyoung kept on talking without noticing any of that.

"But he's not even giving me a chance because of his infatuation with Jungkook. I mean I can't very well tell him that I like him when all he talks about is his love for Jungkook."

Jinyoung finally dared to look at the prince and Taehyung gave him a reassuring nod.

"Well Jinyoung, I don't think you will have to worry about Jungkook. He won't be in this picture for much longer." Taehyung said in a confident voice and Jinyoung looked at him with wide eyes.

"W-what? Your h-highness is not g-going to do a-anything to Kook, right?" Jinyoung asked with a terrified voice.

He knows of the past fights that the prince had with Jungkook and while the prince seemed like he has forgiven the guard, Jinyoung suddenly got worried that it might not be the case.

"What?" Taehyung asked in a confused tone.

"Please don't hurt him or anything, your highness. Jungkook is a great guy, I have no quarrel with him. It's not his fault that Yugyeom has feelings for him. I-I promised to Yugyeom that I'll l-look after Jungkook w-when he j-joined the royal guard. Please, your highness, have mercy on him!" Jinyoung pleaded with fear, reading the situation totally wrong.

Taehyung groaned in silence. Seriously, this was too much. The man is supposed to be a royal guard but it seemed like Jungkook have more devoted protectors than the crown prince himself.

There are so many people worried about the wellbeing of Jeon Jungkook.

Taehyung is just happy that none of them are competitors. For the first time, Taehyung is grateful for Jungkook's inability to recognise someone's romantic feelings towards him.

"Relax Jinyoung, nothing will happen to him. You just focus on getting your love life on to a proper track." Taehyung said with a huff and Jinyoung immediately bowed his head in relief.

They talked for few minutes about random stuff and Jinyoung left the prince's quarters with a huge grin on his face. He was so happy and anyone who saw him was able to tell that immediately.

______________________________________

Jungkook was off duty and should have gone to sleep half an hour ago but his mind was in a chaotic state, as how it is the most of these days. He couldn't figure out what his heart wants so he decided to take a walk. Subconsciously his little walk brought him near the crown prince's living quarters.

Although he kind of wanted to see the prince since they didn't interact much today because of the prince's busy schedules, Jungkook knows that he can't very well go and knock on the door. I mean what could he even say? And he was kind of scared of what he might be implying.

He was just about to walk away when the door suddenly opened and Jinyoung came out. With one look, Jungkook could clearly see the happy grin and the dark red blush that Jinyoung had on his face.

Jungkook struggled to find a reasonable explanation as to why Jinyoung would have a blush and a grin, coming out from the prince's room. Specially at this time of the night. Tried as hard as he could, but Jungkook couldn't think of an explanation other than the obvious one.

And that made him very jealous and against his better judgment, very very angry.