04 - That's Enough Punishment For Today.

Prince Taehyung and Hoseok came out of the vice chancellor's office after discussing about their arrangement. No one knows the true identity of the price except the vice chancellor and he was extremely sad to hear about the death of Taehyung's father.

They made arrangements for Taehyung to complete his studies online as long as he will be present for the final exams.

Taehyung and Hoseok was walking back when Hoseok decided to address the prince.

"Your highness, may I please have permission to speak with you freely?" Hoseok said respectfully and Taehyung rolled his eyes at him.

"Speak whatever you want Hoseok. This is not the 17th century." Taehyung replied with a small smile.

"It about Jungkook, your highness. I humbly apologise for the mistake done by him, I'm sure he regrets it immensely. He's actually very new to the royal guard. It's my fault for taking him for an important duty like this. And I-"

"So you want me to not punish him, is that it?" Taehyung asked in a stern voice, making Hoseok gulp.

Yes, that is exactly he wanted to ask but he can't say that to the prince now, can he. So Hoseok lowered his head and stared at the floor.

Taehyung sighed in his mind. Ofcause he won't punish that man. There wasn't anything he did to get punished. But it was kind of disheartening to see others assume the worst about the royalty.

Just because they are the rulers of the land, they don't consider themselves as superior than the rest of the people. It's just a job, just like any other.

"Relax Hoseok. Ofcause I won't punish him. He didn't knew who I was. It's not my responsibility to discipline the man for everything he's doing in his life. There will not be anymore talk about this matter." Taehyung said in a gentle tone but with a note of a finality.

Hoseok looked up to see the prince walking off and a small smile came to his face. Yes, this is definitely the brother of prince Namjoon. He was worried out of his mind for nothing. But really, what was that idiot Jungkook thinking?!!

_____________________________________

Jungkook shifted his weight from one leg to another. This was not a difficult  thing for Jungkook to endure but it sure was uncomfortable. He didn't know how much time has passed but he didn't even dream of moving his hand to look at his watch. Despite his hotheadness, Jungkook really takes his job seriously.

If that dickhead prince told him not to move, he will not move an inch. No matter how much time passes. He knew it can't be that long because they really have to hurry home for the funeral.

Jungkook only hoped that they will not leave him behind and let him rot here forever. Wouldn't put it pass the price either. Jungkook loved his job but man!! he sure hated that arrogant bully of a prince.

Suddenly the door opened and Jungkook braced himself to meet the prince but it sounded like a group of people. He was facing his back to the door he couldn't see who it was until a strange man stepped infront of him.

"Hey man, whatcha doing there? Are you ok?" The guy asked with a amused smile and Jungkook groaned in his heart.

'Great. Just great. This is so humiliating.' Jungkook thought to himself as he gave a little nod to the man.

"Are you like frozen man? Care to let it go?" Another one of peeped in to his face and Jungkook felt even more mortified.

The first guy put a hand on his arm and slowly dragged it upwards a bit. Jungkook thought it might be an innocent touch, trying to check if he was ok but soon proved otherwise when the guy touched his cheek.

He was just about to tell the guy 'fuck off' when he heard the velvety voice of prince Taehyung.

"Get your fucking hand off of him." The words were said in a quite voice but Jungkook knew the danger behind those.

Apparently, the guy knew about it too, as he immediately pulled his hand back.

"Chill, V. Didn't knew he's with you. Just wanted to make sure the guy was ok. " the guy raised his hands in respect but his eyes were screaming otherwise.

"How nice of you, Philip. He's ok. He just lost a bet so he's standing there till I came." Taehyung said in a annoyed voice as he put his hand on Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook didn't know why but it was like a shudder went through his body, starting from his shoulder. The prince let his hand stay there as the boys looked at him in understanding.

"Come!" Taehyung said after few seconds and left the room, Jungkook closely following him out.

Hoseok was standing near the door and gave a comforting smile to the younger and they all made way to the vehicles.

The flight back home was uneventful. Taehyung sat in silence for the entire flight, staring out of the window. He sat in Jungkook's line of sight and Jungkook couldn't help but steal a glance at the prince, every now and then.

He hated the shitty situation he put himself in. On one hand, he has to be around prince Taehyung and protect him with his life but on the other hand, he hated the guy with all his heart. He can't believe how such as asshole is the brother of prince Namjoon, who was the most respected man Jungkook knew.

Although his country has not seen it in sometime, prince Taehyung seemed to be like those arrogant, pompous and pigheaded prince, who only cared about himself. And Jungkook hated the fact that he has to serve such a man for the rest of his life.

Because that's how it was. Once you becomes a royal guard, it's for life. There's no resigning from the job. The only way leave is when you die or the king or the prince removed you from the unit.

And Jungkook was 100% sure, that prince Taehyung will not let him off the hook so easily.