Chapter 16

Nova

I felt excitement bubble inside of me, tonight Ethan and I would celebrate. The ending of our conversation was awkward but I had to make it perfectly clear to him that I'm not ready for a sexual relationship. I'm not ready for any relationship but I'm enjoying Ethan's company more and more.

I didn't have to walk around with a bodyguard anymore, Derek has become my friend in the short two weeks I've known him.I got to my apartment, but as soon as I changed into something more celebratory I noticed that shark week has started (that time of a month). My good mood was ruined, everytimeI felt miserable and to top it all off I began feeling sick.

I think the thought of actually having something with Ethan was adding to my nausea. When I told Ethan that I could maybe trust him, I was wrong.He is trying so every timeI start and trusts him just a tiny bit, flashes of what happened in my past come back to me, and what that man did. I ran to the toilet, all my lunch came back up.This is one of the symptoms I hate the most, I get nauseas and then I get cramps so bad it makes me even more nauseas.

I stood up after heaving for a good minute, there's no way I'm going to celebrate tonight.

I picked up my phone and texted Ethan quickly, I changed into baggy sweatpants and a large t-shirt. With a warm compress on my stomach and a cup of tea, lied on the couch.

My phone was buzzing, ugh I don't feel like picking that up-I let it ring.I was happily watching Suits thinking that Ethan had the same attitude as Harvey. Just as the episode ended I heard my phone buzz again.Reluctantly I picked it up, cringing at the pain that was flowing through my body. I didn't even bother to look at the caller ID.

"Nova speaking"

"What's wrong?" Ethan asked on the other line.

"Is it something I said today that made you not want to come?"He sounded panicked. Which was actually kind of cute.

"No, I just don't feel okay" I muttered, I'm not going into detail about this and much less with arrogant Ethan. I can't even imagine what snarky comment he'd have.

"Wait, I'm coming over"

"Ethan you don't have to-" The line went dead, ass twat just hung up on me.I must've looked very unnapealing but whatever, as  if I wanted to impress him. It was a few minutes of me being amazed at  how much Harvey Specter and Ethan Hawk had in common, then I heard a knock at my door. I didn't even bother to stand up, I just yelled 'It's open' from the couch.

I have my wok ready just in case.

The door swung open and Ethan was standing there with bags at my door, he gracefully opened the door, he looked around and spotted me.He silently placed the bags on the counter after letting himself in.I watched him carefully, now fully studying this man. Dark Blond hair that looked like you could run your fingers through it, his blue eyes would change colour, but for the most part they were light and his face-well he was handsome and tall.

He wasn't my type, I don't think I have a type because I haven't dated in what..like 3 years?I don't know, he and I we don't fit.He is a high class lawyer and I'm an average baker, we're so opposite its quite strange to think he even talks to me. Every other lawyer at Spencer & Hawk hardly took a look at me the other day when I went to their office.

" Are you okay?" He came closer to me, sitting down beside me.

"Yeah I'm okay"

"Do you have a fever or something?"