Chapter 26

Nova

I opened my eyes a bit as a ray of sun hit my face, I sighed contently but just then I  remembered what happened yesterday and what Derek did. I bolted upright, my eyes adjusted to the scene in front of me. I was in a room, it looked like a cabin.

My eyes widened, how the hell could I be so wreckless when it came to my safety, okay well...I was kind of drunk (and on cue, I felt my head throb) and I trusted Derek. I knew he wasn't going to let any harm come to me but fuck I didn't think and just jumped into a car with him without any  idea of where he was taking me at one am in the morning.

I should never ever drink again, next time it might be someone I don't know who kidnaps me. I trudged the window, I peered through the blinds. I stared out and a few feet away was a  lake, I think I almost had my eyes fall out in disbelieve. I was in the forest.Damn I should REALLY never ever drink-or I'm going to end up like the hangover.

The door suddenly opened making me jump away from the window-there Ethan stood in his pj's so relaxed when all I wanted to do was attack him.

"Can you explain to me why I'm here?"

"You told me that when I was going to let the Athian thing slide that I should talk to you."I rolled my eyes.

"Having Derek kidnap me is NOT the way to go!"

"You didn't want to talk to me so how would I be able to talk to you when you barely let me talk two words to you" He yelled back, he was right-I didn't give him a chance to explain but I was pissed that he wanted to do that to me, my hangover was now gone thanks to the blood boiling in  my arteries.

"Fine, talk". I crossed my arms over my chest."I wanted to put Athian in jail, and I did but..." I stopped him

"What? How? "

"I got him locked up for something different, but it's still better than letting him roam around in society."

I walked to him so that I was standing right in front of him.

"Why did you make it your mission to do this-you owe me nothing! Nothing! I told you to let it go but then you think this is the best solution and that you did let it go-Nothing!" I slapped his hard on his chest, I didn't ask to fall in love with him and to let him into my life.He is like a bomb that goes off in my life.

"I need you to understand, I want to protect you-he deserved it and you know it! I owe you everything, knowI love you for fuck's sake do you know how I've been feeling without you? I would rather jump off the Empire State building than knowing that I did nothing to get you back!" He yelled back.

"How could I ever trust you, nevermind love you after that stunt that you pulled? How do you want me to go back to you after everything? You deserve better!We're not meant to be together, we live in different worlds I'm a baker from the suburbs and you're a high-flying lawyer that takes down bad guys, we're not meant to be. I'm too fucked up for you!" I hissed at him, he simply smiled at me.

"You don't have to trust me all you have to do is love me" I was fuming.H e was smiling widely while I wanted to kill him with whatever blunt object I could find. Didn't he hear what I just said?

"I don't love you anymore" Lie, I loved him with all my heart.And however cheesy it sounds, without him it feels like I have a  hole in my soul.

He looked down at me, he turned to me and kissed me it was a full force make out.My body began heating up, I tried to fight it.I pulled back breathlessly.Just in that moment, I ran to the bathroom to puke out the alcohol induced gift, my hangover made its appearance I grimaced as I pulled back from the toilet.Luckily I found the bathroom just in time.