Chapter 1

"So Ethan do you want the Downey contract?" Austin asked while he tapped his fingers on the stack of cases that need to be assigned to lawyers this week.

 "What is the catch?" I don't get myself into a contract without knowing exactly what it's about, usually I'd jump at the mention of 'Downey', but he always works a catch into his contracts.

"Downey wants to merge with another company to expand his production and globalize -he needs someone who knows his business and you've worked with him before, he's one of our biggest clients as you know."

 He runs a family business and I know Downey, he would want something else to be added if I agreed, he loves to throw me into the deep end. He always tells me that I need to settle down so I knew there is a catch like that in this contract, there always is. The last time he wouldn't settle and I had almost lost the case just because I told him that I was single.

I'm Ethan Hawk and I don't lose a case unless there's no other option, I don't play the game I create the game.

"Anything else?" I asked and Austin smirked,"He wants to go over the contract tomorrow and he expects someone who is either engaged, married or in a stable relationship so that it showcases the character of his wine estate-I don't think you're taking it then. " Austin opened up the file and scanned quickly over the specifics and what Downey would want. Richard Downey is an old friend and client but he gets overboard when it comes to his business and that's where I come in.

I'm not interested in having a girlfriend or even being engaged but if it means a good bonus I can whip someone up in a flash. "Consider it done," Austin frowned and slid the file over the large oak table to me. The meeting continued and a few other co-workers gave me curious looks. 

The meeting ended and Austin walked out with me beside him.

"Is there something I should know?" He asked with a curious look on his face.

"Like what?" I asked, I very well know what this is about but I just love it to play dumb with Austin who wouldn't catch on to my act.

"Since when are you a man that can stay in a stable relationship or never mind even be engaged?" I straightened out my tie a bit and tucked it back into my black waistcoat.

"You're over dramatic, I'll just hire a model for the meeting tomorrow-maybe an actress?"

"He also expects for you to meet him at his winery in Italy next week and bring your 'girlfriend' along." Something Austin wouldn't tell me in front of the associates because he knew then I wouldn't agree to take this case, he always gives me the Downey case even if he acts like a hardball about it. 

He could play me as easily as I could play him.

"I guess then I'm paying a model for a week and not a day, at least I can afford it or else it would become a company expense," Austin chuckled.

"So you're going to take some random air head to Downey? I don't think he or his wife will be impressed, the firm needs this contract badly so you don't want to screw this up, and you're not using the expense account for that." He added with a wag of his finger.

"So what now? Who do you suppose I take? I don't know any ladies in town that could fill that checklist and those I do know are currently taken."

"Here", He handed me a paper with a number on it.

"Whose is this?"

"Nova, she's quite smart, she has some looks and she'll do it if you pay her the right amount."