Chapter 4

Nova

The bright sun was shining directly into my eyes, I blinked a few times and rolled around. I heard a groan and remembered Ethan wouldn't let me build my pillow wall. The whole night I tried to sleep on the side and I think I once fell from the bed. I faced Ethan who looked so innocent when he slept-but when he opens his mouth, that thought would go to waste.

I slowly crept out of the bed, he stirred but didn't wake up. I dressed in some clothes that Erica gave me, a pair of black shorts with a flowy shirt and some normal shoes. My hair was a mess so I just combed it out and let them flow over my shoulders like they always do, I did, however, do some makeup just to look as if I belonged with Ethan. I walked out of the room, I heard some humming coming from the kitchen, I walked in and spotted Anabelle, the sweet wife of Ethan's client. She was busy stirring something that looked like oatmeal.

She must've heard my footsteps because she turned around."Oh hi there Nova, you're up early."

"The Italian air woke me up, I didn't want to waste it." I tried to lie smoothly, the only thing that woke me up was a cramp in the neck.

"Isn't Ethan up already, he usually is, but you know that by now." I swallowed hard.

"Oh, uh no he usually sleeps in if he's as tired as he was last night" That was a lie,I didn't know until how late he sleeps usually but let's go with it.

"I'm making oatmeal-I know it isn't really Italian but lunch will be better,"I chuckled at her pointed expression.

"I'll help with lunch later." I've been itching to bake or even come near a stove again.

"No it's fine, you have to save your energy,"

"For?"

"Didn't Richard tell you about the Kissing trail? Sometimes he's such a scatterbrain, but it's your first official day here so he'll tell you later about it." She continued to hum a song that I didn't know, I guess later I'll find out about the whole trail thing. I heard some footsteps coming down the stairs and saw it was Ethan.

He was wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, it was strange not seeing him in his suit. He smiled at me and in one sudden action as Anabelle turned around he pulled me to him and then gave me a sweet kiss. I returned the kiss after my initial shock, he gave me his apologetic smile and turned to Anabelle who was gushing at us.

"You two are adorable, I know I've said it before but I can't help it-so when are you becoming Mrs.Hawk?" Never. I coughed at her question but Ethan looked calm and collected, he chuckled lightly.

"That's for me to know and her to find out."

"Aww he's a sweetie pie," She said while pointing the wooden spoon in her hand towards Ethan.

"Oh, honey can I quickly steal Ethan?" A voice sounded from the glass door that I could see leads to a large pool, I guessed it was Richard.

"Sure, looks like Nova might object." She winked at me and Ethan sauntered off towards the door. The more I looked at him the more I wondered how one person on earth can look so handsome. I chatted with Anabelle a bit, she told me about her two children and her grandchildren, she even showed me a few pictures before she called all of us into the dining room for breakfast.

She served us the most delectable oatmeal I've had in a long time-I should remember to ask her for the recipe. I ate and listened while Richard and Ethan were talking about some merger-I guess this is why he was here and needed to work as a lawyer for Downey, he hasn't told me the whole story yet just that I need to be his fake girlfriend for a week so that he can land and finalize a contract.