Chapter 28

Ethan

Nova was holding onto me when I woke up, I stared down at her.I love her so much, the news about the pregnancy was a shock.I was happy that she came to me and told me, if she'd hid it from me we wouldn't have made up and I wouldn't know that I had a child.

I sighed, I heard a quiet sobbing coming from her side.It tore me in two, I didn't want her to cry about what we were going to face. Maybe we weren't ready for this, hell I didn't think I'd be really in love, never mind become a father ever.

I was worried about what the doctor said about her pregnancy, high-risk, something could go very wrong. Today we're going to get a sonar since the earlier we see him/her the better.She sobbed some more, I caressed her cheek slowly.

"Darling it's going to be okay, if it's not we'll get through it together,"Her sobbing became shallow.

"I have this feeling..." Her sobbing was heart shattering. Reality was that the uncertainty was going to have an effect on both of us.I sighed, I didn't have an answer as to what was going to happen. I usually did seeing as it's my job but, I myself was dreading the worst. I wrapped my arms around  her, she turned around to face me.

"Ethan, I'm sorry, I well...It's all my fault." She looked so sad, if this was what it's  going to be like for the rest of the pregnancy, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.Her face was etched in fear and she was shaking like a leaf, even after she was treated by the doctor.I released my grip on her, she looked baffled until I gave her my hand, she sat up and took it as we walked to my study.

She stopped at the door, staring at the big grand piano in the middle with bookcases going from wall to wall.

"You play piano?"I shook my head.

"I play five songs and that's it, my father gave this to me the year I graduated college, he taught me to play a little but I haven't played in years."She sighed her hand went to her not there baby bump. I sat at the piano telling her to sit beside me. She shook her head and took a seat next to the bookcase in a brown leather chair.

I racked my brain trying to find something, something that I could play.

'It's 9 o'clock on a Saturday, regular crowd shuffles in

There's an old man sitting next to me, making love to his tonic and gin" The only song I could remember the rest were sad slow songs, and that's something I didn't need now.

He says 'Son can you play me a melody I'm not really sure how it goes' 

Nova sighed and I could see she was on the verge of tears again, I stopped playing, I bend down infront of her.She looked at me shyly.

"Sorry, I've never really cried like this before must be the hormones" She wiped her tears away furiously.

"Let's get dressed, let's see if there's something that you need to be worried about-I'll be here no matter what." She gave me a small quivering smile and then, mine.I also stood up taking her hand in mine.Last night I drove her here since she was so worried (I was afraid that something might happen to her). I had to drive her back to her apartment after I got dressed as I waited for Nova to get dressed my phone began buzzing violently.

"Yes, Austin?"

"Is Nova okay? I mean I'm going to be an uncle..or might be."He huffed, I guess he was also worried about this baby.

"She's fine, now calm down we'll let you know after the doctor's appointment, why are you even stressed, you stress about absolutely nothing?"