Chapter 17

Nova

I was at the bakery, prepping the kitchen with Lucas.Lucas is a charming man, and since I hired him officially (after the trial period) he has helped me a lot. We have even added a few of his Italian rooted recipes to the menu. I talked to him and found out how soft an interior he had, on the outside, he's this tough looking guy but inside he's the sweetest and most caring guy I've met in a long time.

He was engaged, I met her(the lucky lady) the day after I hired him. She was a short blond, she thanked me that I gave him the job because he wasn't happy at his previous job even though it was a family thing. My heart swelled when she personally came to thank me.

But with that you should've seen Daisy's face, she was shocked and jealous. She had her sight set on Lucas but unfortunately, he was very happy with his fiancé.

We were prepping for a big wedding we had to bake for. The cake had twelve tiers and it must be designed on with royal icing this means that you need to work fast and exact.

The bakery was closed today since we weren't going to have the time to bake other pastries and focus on the cake too.The money this bride was paying was good enough so that we could afford to lose one day of customers.

Lucas started on the base, I was baking the other tiers, he would stack and I would cover it. We took turns and soon enough we had a twelve tier high cake. I was standing on the ladder, which was unsteady and almost came crashing down, so Lucas helped me by placing his hands on my hips and his one foot on the first step of the ladder.Just when he did that I heard the front door open, we were in the position that if he let go I and a cake would tumble and even a slight shift would tip me.I focused on a small part of the design that started on the top, we still had to make flowers, luckily Lucas was a fondant flower master.

The kitchen door opened and Ethan appeared, I turned to him and smiled.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" His gaze shifted from Lucas to me and then to Lucas' hands. He turned a shade redder.

"I can see you two are busy, I'll come back later" He huffed.

"Ethan!" He was out of the door before I could stop him and because of the steady hand I must maintain when working with this design, I couldn't run after him. I let out a heavy sigh, muttering a curse, this position must've looked bad. He didn't need to jump to conclusions. Believe me, if I wanted to get another man, I wouldn't bring him to this kitchen.

It's a mess most of the time and I have to clean up whatever happens here.

"Who's he?"

"That's Ethan, he's usually less jumpy and runs away-ish"

"Well someone has a thing for you."

"How would you know?"I continued to scroll on the cake gently

"Because he was angry when he saw me touch you, he doesn't want to see that because he would rather have his hands on you than me have my hands on you."

"Well he just expected the worst, I mean really?-I can't feel something for someone else besides him, believe me, I've tried" I remembered the whole Evan thing, I really wanted to like him but my heart was just like 'sister you're out of luck, I'm taken', I shuddered at the thought. Taken by Hawk

I'm not in love with Ethan, but I can't like someone else knowing he likes me, I'm just attached to him I guess.

We continued to slave over the cake after I was done meticulously drawing the pattern on the cake I helped Lucas make edible flowers and place them on the cake. Lucas and I stood back enjoying the results of our hard work.