Chapter 9

Nova

-One month later-

"So what should I write on the specials board?"I shrugged, I wasn't sure what I wanted to bake today, the whole day.

"I think the lemon and apple pies, and the croissants" Daisy, one of my employees nodded her head and grabbed the chalk heading outside.

It's been a month since I did the deal with Ethan, I hardly think about him because I've been so busy.I had to pay all the bills, the cheque covered that and I was busy with promotional  flyers and boards around the city-this is also covered by the very generous cheque.Things were going better and I could see the light at the end of the tunnel, the bakery has gotten popular around the normal people but my shop couldn't impress these businessmen and women who strutted around in their $10 000 power suits.

I was busy in the back of the bakery, I do most of the baking but for the smaller things, my friend Daisy bakes those and Jessica who mans the front desk helps if things get busy over lunch time.I was busy kneading the dough for the pie crust when Jessica leaned in the door.

"Here's a man to see you, he especially asked to see you and he doesn't want to wait" Oh please don't let it be Ethan, oh please please, please.I took a deep breath and walked out of the door making sure the oven timer was on-I didn't have the time today to save burnt croissants.

I was relieved when I saw it wasn't Ethan. He wouldn't be back here that's for sure, he's a lawyer and lawyers don't visit almost invisible bakeries in their lunch hour, they go to upscale restaurants.I looked at the man, he wasn't wearing a suit but he looked clean cut.Seems like everything reminds me of Ethan.

"Hi, with what can I help you?"

"I'm Evan o'Sullivan-do you remember me?" I looked at him for a second, he does look familiar but I honestly could place where I've seen him. His wavy black hair and blue eyes made him stand out, but I still couldn't remember him.

"No, not really but I must say you look very familiar" He lightheartedly chuckled.

"I remember you, Nova Spencer-We were in highschool together, I sat infront of you in math." Now I remember him, he was a funny guy and we would always make jokes and sometimes he was in my maths study group-that feels like ages ago now, for a 24-year-old I sound like a grandma.

"I haven't seen you in so long!" I rushed out of the booth, Jessica gave me a questioning look.I hugged him tightly and he returned the hug. He was my very first crush and I was his but we never really dated.

"Still the same old Nova I see," He gave me one of his goofy smiles, I now know how I've missed him so much after graduation everybody went their separate ways and Evan was off to college in Berlin

"We should really catch up, but I have to run now I have a meeting" I stopped him before he could walk away.

"What's your job?"He grinned.

"Architect-I work just round the corner, I'll be back around lunch time then we can have a proper conversation."

"No can do, I'm always running around lunch time." I bit my lip trying to think up a time but it seems since I got back all I've been doing is focusing on is saving the bakery, night and day I've been busy. He shook his head at my expression, he was in a hurry and I was holding him up.

"Oh, sorry here is my card " I gave him the card he nodded and waved me goodbye-now there's a man that I wanted to see again, as friends of course.The rest of the day around baking, tending to customers and after we closed up I had to clean the kitchen since it is my turn this afternoon.