Chapter 20

Nova

I was sitting on my bed, I tried to concentrate on my book but the nagging feeling I have wasn't letting me. I knew Ethan was sitting outside my door and he has no clue that I saw that other woman with him and them kissing.  All he knew was that I wasn't going to talk to him. I couldn't leave him outside I mean...maybe someone tries and kidnap him..very unlikely but possible.

I sighed, stupid heart, if I had a cold heart I'd let him sit out there and think about what he's done (even if he doesn't really know).I just couldn't leave him there, it was a cold night and he could also freeze to death on my doorstep now how do you think the police will react when they find him?

I unlocked my door, it was already past midnight, Ethan wasn't infront of my door but sitting next to it.This reminds me of when I waited up for him in front of his door, just so that I could see him again.

I felt deceived, angry and sad.Eventhough he made me feel all of this I couldn't make him suffer.He was asleep, I bend down to him.I flicked him on the nose, it caused him to open his eyes.

"Nova?"His voice came out low and husky

"Get up," I said sternly.

"Why wouldn't you open up the door for me? What is wrong?"

"I am angry at you now get up."

"Angry? What have I done to make you angry?"I rolled my eyes at him, I didn't even turn around and walked back to my door.He stood up and entered with his arms crossed around his chest.

"I tried to call you, I thought something was wrong!"

"Well, something is wrong" I snapped.

"You know what, it's late you should go home and then we can talk tomorrow."I huffed

"Why are you angry?"

"Just go home."

"I'll go home when you answer me!" He bit back.

"You bloody, fucking, kissed a woman. I thought we were...nevermind."Understanding dawned on his face

"That was Ashley, and it was a goodbye kiss."

"Save your explanation Ethan, go home and leave me alone for a while I need time to think"

He didn't say a word ,he turned around and walked away. I sighed, I need a break from all of this – kissing him in Italy was mistake number one, letting him back into my life after he basically told me we don't feel shit to each other and it's just a 'game' was number two trusting him-number three.

And if you do the math you can see that all of this equals my stupidity. I tossed and turned in my bed the whole night.

I woke up early, not that I actually slept and did my usual routine trying to evade the uneasiness of what I had seen yesterday. Today the bakery is closed thanks to our new open and close times I had decided on. I didn't know what to do with my day since I haven't had a day off in months.

I got a call from Austin just as I finished doing my hair.

"What do you want?"

"That's no way to greet your big brother."

"Usually when you call me you have a hidden motive" I was thinking he might be up to something, with Austin you never know what's going to happen.