Chapter 30

*One year later*

Ethan

"Why can't I see my toes?" Nova asked while she lied on my bed, I laughed at her.

"Because a someone is blocking your view." I rolled over to rub her swollen belly. I feathered a kiss on her baby bump. She ruffled my hair as I lied my head down, pressing my ear down, sometimes I could faintly hear a heartbeat.

"You know, it's still disturbing to me"I shook my head.

"What did you expect when being six months pregnant, a jellybean sized baby?" She rolled her eyes at me.

"No, but this is ridiculous, I look like a balloon animal." I sighed loudly.

"It's a boy so of course, you're going to be bigger,you're still beautiful." She  grunted

"Stop trying to make me feel better,you're sympathy isn't working you still look like a male model and I...not so much"It was true I didn't get the empathic pregnancy belly, I have been busy with work and after Nova moved in, just shortly after she got pregnant I was ecstatic but we were stressed since the last time it was high risk.

Even with everything I stayed fit, I guess the early mornings I spent at the boxing club trying to manage all the stress helped me out.

"You did this to me, so you better not try any more sympathy speeches, you and your bloody super sperm" She was really funny, I had to hold back a laugh because she was truly pissed at me although it sounded like a joke. Since she got pregnant I had to bite my tongue every now and then because she was sensitive and the last thing I want was to piss off a pregnant Nova.I made that mistake once and it ended with a fight where I was thrown with my own lamp.

Austin had a field day with that, he was like a kid hopped up on candy since he heard his sister was pregnant again, he firstly didn't believe it because of what happened the last time but by the end of the first trimester, he adjusted to the idea.

Nova's parents, on the other hand, were disappointed telling us that it was a bastard child and that she was an abomination because she was in love with a lawyer. I mean seriously, we were already married, though we thought we wanted a long engagement, we decided against it since she became pregnant

I actually punched her dad, best feeling in the world.

Nova stood up,she waddled to the door giving me a steely glare. I shrugged, I better go buy some chocolates since it's the only thing I had to keep me from being ripped to shreds by tiny but scary Nova. I stood up grabbing a shirt. I walked downstairs to find Nova grabbing her bag.I looked at her questioningly.

"I have to go to the bakery, can't loaf around here." She looked a little less pissed and actually very happy.

"I'm driving you, I have to check in at the firm but I have no cases to work on,"I took off this week since I feel like I've been neglecting Nova. She was unstoppable, she would try and do everything telling me that she's pregnant and not an invalid. I've been so worried about her. She nodded at my offer handing me her keys.

I drove her to the bakery, she walked in and all of the sudden she was engulfed by a wave of waitresses and Daisy cooing about her belly, she didn't look too thrilled.

I took this as my chance to slip into the kitchen where Lucas was busy, we've become friends after that day I saw him holding Nova up on the ladder.He has married already , this made my jealousy fade away.

"Hey!" He greeted happily looking up from the dough he was kneading.

"Hey" He peered out of the small window leading out to the front.