Chapter 29

Nova

-Two Months later-

I took a few breaths in and out, every morning after I heard I wasn't really pregnant was hard but it's getting better, we both had to calm down from our initial shock.I opened up the bakery smiling at the mother and her child coming in a few minutes later.

 Lucas arrived a minute or so later with the waiters in tow and the overly happy Daisy .Christmas was coming up soon, I love the season.

People singing carols, the Christmas traditions, the lights – this is going to be the first Christmas that I spent with someone else.My parents didn't care about the Christmas thing, they were too busy and Austin was the same. I tried to always either hold a small party in the bakery for my friends or a dinner for them.

They are after all the closest thing that I had to family. After the lunch rush Ethan came in, wielding his disarming smirk that made my heart flutter some more.

"Hi" He walked into the kitchen slowly. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me I pushed him away since Lucas was about a meter away. Lucas didn't notice since he was focussing in setting the oven for a specialty cake.

"Hi"

"Got any plans tonight?"I loved making him jealous so I always tease him.

"Yeah, this guy asked me out earlier, he's a very attractive client so I might as well" He frowned at me and shook his head with a knowing smirk.

"Oh really? Well I was planning something for you but if you have another date, it's okay" He winked, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can't really tease you since you can spot a lie from a mile away,"  I shrugged and walked to the cupcake trays.

"I'm a walking lie detector, that's why I'm so good at what I do,"He grinned cockily.

"Oh darling, before I go here" He handed me a list.

"What's this?"

"It's a treasure hunt that you have to complete to find me tonight."

"Why?"He rolled his eyes at me

"It's a big surprise, very big so if I were you I'd close up early" He walked away ignoring my protest.

After I baked for a while the crowd died down, I closed up early studying the note.

'I'm something outside you're window you never notice 'I peered out of the bakery windows until I saw a note flailing around a tree with a birds nest on.A little blue bird was chirping away, a small smile played on my lips.

I stood on my tiptoes grabbing the note.

'Down the street where a manikin stands with no feet' What? Poor manikin, I walked down the buzzing street going from store to store looking at the manikins in the windows. There was one at the end of the street, it was only the upper half of the manikin. I walked into the shop, an old lady came rushing to me.

"You're Nova right?"I nodded, okay creepy I was about to back away slowly when the lady gave me a bag and another note. I opened the note 'a Dress for tonight, to walk a mile in their shoes you have to walk a few feet next door'.I followed this and ended up at a place next door that as I thought gave me shoes and a note.

This riddle said 'Get ready at your place and by 7 pm a shining stead will come' thank goodness, I could rest.