Chapter 21

Ethan              

"So if he uses his assets to buy the stock it means he could lose everything, he should use the equity he has,"Austin said while looking down at his paper, we've been in Ohio for a week and I couldn't even be bothered.

"Mmh hmm sounds good."I stared blankly out in front of me playing with my pen wondering what Nova is doing, what she is deciding about us. I wanted to be with her but Ashley and her stupid goodbye kiss messed that up.I'd be mad at me too, I need to give her time.Even if she forgives me, I broke her trust.

"And then I'm going to fly my pink unicorn out of the window," Austin replied.

"Yeah, yeah you're right". Austin snapped his fingers in front of me, I turned to look at him.

"What?"

"Are you okay, I've never seen you be this unfazed about a case. What's wrong Ethan?"

"I...it's nothing, sorry I'll get my head in this case."

"No, you won't now tell me what's wrong before I will actually get that unicorn and stick you to its horn." I had no idea what he's going on about with the unicorn but I knew letting Nova go to make her decision and clear her mind was eating me up.

"Well, it's Nova."

"Nova? You told me you liked her and made me tell you her secret, what have you done now?" He furrowed his brows and looked at me questioningly.

I told him about how I told her about things from my past and we agreed to be more, then I told him about the incident in where I kissed Ashley, and she saw and when she said goodbye to me to go visit her family.

"Well, shit, I missed a lot why didn't you tell me this earlier?"

"Because all that happened too soon."

"You should've told me...so what are you going to do now?"

"Wait until she decided, she might decide this is over."

"And what are you going to do then? Let her go?"

"I don't have a choice then, if she doesn't want to trust me or try a relationship, I have to move on."

"You're stupid, and  an asshole."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, she loves you." I let out a loud cough backing away from the table with my chair.

"How would you know? She hasn't exactly shared everything with you."

"I know Nova, besides you're the only one who she let near her again, the only man.She allowed you to touch her and kiss her which means she likes you a lot, and if she told you she was going away and didn't just run, she likes you more than a lot-if she didn't you would've lost your willy a while back and she'd be on the run from you...oh guess who still has a willy." He pointed to me with a bright smirk on his face like he just won the lottery.

What he said made sense, I guess he's right she loves me.I wanted to tell her I love her so badly and take her into my arms and make her mine with all my heart and soul-but life isn't some romance movie where they end up happily together.

I sighed entwining my fingers together, he's right but what do I do, wait for her until I could tell her how I feel.

"So, what do you suggest I do?"

"You wait until she comes back, and when she does you find her and never let go.I can see you're in love, you can hardly focus and having you around the office in your swaying around on a cloud nine has everybody talking. You actually smiled-at work. You never smile at work.Never."