The End: As Long as We're Together

Percy had been sitting by Annabeth's side for hours, holding her hand. He had refused to leave when Will came in to check on her and give her ambrosia, or when Chiron checked to see if she was conscious yet. Frank, Hazel, and Thalia had gone back to Camp Jupiter, Nico was somewhere with Will Solace, Piper had gone home with her father, and Leo was on Argo II doing repairs from the hyper-speed run.

It was probably around 10:00 PM when Chiron and Will walked into the med room. "Hello, Percy."

"Hi," Percy said.

"I called your mother," Chiron said. "She was glad to know that you and Annabeth were safe."

"Thanks," Percy said.

Chiron stood next to Percy.

"I'm not mad about you going to Athens to save Annabeth," Chiron said. "I didn't want any of you to get hurt. I am happy you saved her."

Percy nodded.

"That said, you've been in here for twelve hours," Chiron said. "I feel it would be best for you to go to your cabin to get some rest."

"No," Percy said.

"Percy, you're, um, not actually allowed to stay in here over night," Will said. "It's the rules, you have to be injured."

Percy looked Will right in the eyes and punched himself in the face. "Now can I stay?"

Will and Chiron looked at each other, suppressing laughter.

"I suppose, because you're injured," Chiron said.

Percy, for the first time, grinned. "Great." Percy stood up and pulled the closest bed right next to Annabeth. He jumped and layed down on it. "Good night, everyone."

Will and Chiron, seemingly content, walked out of the medbay. Percy laced Annabeth's hand through his and for the first time, had a dreamless sleep.

"Percy?" he woke up to a familiar whisper.

"Annabeth!" Percy whispered. "You're awake."

"How long have I been out?" Annabeth asked.

"Like, a day," Percy said. "I don't know if you mind me asking, but... what happened in there? Over those two years?"

Annabeth shuddered. "Percy, it was almost worse than Tartarus. Then, at least I had you. She would come and hurt me for four hours, then leave me with my thoughts for eight hours. She somehow got the fire drink from Tartarus, and that's all I had to eat and drink."

"Gods, Annabeth," Percy said. "I'm so sorry. I should have found you sooner. I should have kept looking. You probably hate me now."

"Percy, why would I hate you?" Annabeth said. "You had no way to know how I was alive. And Nico told me the second you found out there was even the possibility of it, you wouldn't stop looking. How could I ever hate you?"

"I love you so much," Percy whispered. "I never want you to leave me."

"I wouldn't even think of it," Annabeth whispered. She opened up the blanket on her bed, and Percy moved over. Annabeth put her head on Percy's chest and fell asleep. Percy slowly drifted off to the even sound of Annabeth's breathing.

Everything was good again.

As long as they were together.