I See Some Old Friends and One of Them Tries to Kill Me

Disclaimer: I don't own the PJO universe.

Percy stepped out of his blue car and stared at the huge hill, with a big pine tree on top. He could smell strawberries, and could hear the faint sounds of children shouting. He took a deep breath, and started walking up the hill. Once he walked through the barrier, where the pine tree was, he smiled. He could see teenagers running around, some with swords, chasing each other, and practicing their skills. Fighting by the tether ball pole was Clarisse and another one of her Ares siblings. One of the campers, who couldn't have been older than thirteen, turned and pointed to Percy.

"It's Percy Jackson!" 

Everyone turned to look at him, even Clarisse. But instead of getting a scowl, she came up and patted him on the back. "It's about time you showed up at camp. I've had to deal with these kids all by myself."

Percy laughed. "Good to see you too, Clarisse."

"Chiron will want to see you," Clarisse said. 

Clarisse and Percy walked to the Big House in silence. "I never really got to say it, but I'm sorry. I know how hard it is to lose someone important to you."

Percy managed a smile to Clarisse. She had lost Silena in the first war, and a lot of her siblings, as well. She had apparently gotten much nicer after the previous war. "Thanks. That means a lot."

Clarisse nodded, and they got into the Big House. Chiron, Mr. D, Nico DiAngelo, and Will Solace were sitting at the table. Will and Nico were covertly holding hands under the table.

Clarisse waved to everyone, then walked out of the building.

"Percy!" Will exclaimed. "You're back!"

"Yep," Percy said. "In the flesh."

"Do I have to lie and say that I'm happy that you're here?" Mr. D asked. Percy laughed.

"We're glad to have you back," Chiron said.

"Well, I do have to go to my classes on Monday," Percy said. "So not back forever."

Chiron and Nico looked at each other, like they knew something he didn't.

"What's going on?" Percy asked. "Why are you looking at each other like that?"

"Percy, you might want to sit down," Chiron said.

"Why?" Percy asked, but sat down in the empty chair. Nico took a deep breath.

"I was looking through the Underworld, for Annabeth," Nico said. "And I couldn't find her."

"Yeah," Percy said. "You couldn't find her earlier, either. Because so many people died in the war."

"Yeah, but this time, I personally asked Hades if he could help find her," Nico said. "And he's able to find any dead person. But she wasn't there."

"So what you're saying..." Percy whispered.

"Annabeth might not be dead."