Saving Annabeth Part Two

Sorry my chapters have been so short. I'm trying to make them longer, but I think I'm just going to do maybe four more chapters for this book.

"Who are you?" Percy asked. He stood up and drew his sword, standing protectively over Annabeth.

"Think, Perseus Jackson," the woman said. Then it clicked. Someone who wasn't present at the war, someone who always hated him and Annabeth, someone who was called "the cow-eyed one" by the person in his dream.

"Hera," Percy said. "I thought we had made amends."

Hera let out a blood-curdling laugh. "You really thought that, did you? After Annabeth didn't want to go on that quest to save me, after you helped Apollo, Artemis, Thalia Grace, and Jason Grace - all products of my husband's affairs?"

"Why did you take Annabeth?" Percy asked.

"I wanted revenge," Hera said. "You've always annoyed the wits out of me, Percy Jackson, but the other gods insisted I kept you alive. And I knew the worst punishment for you would be not to torture you, but to torture the person you love the most."

"Well, you've failed, because I found you," Percy said.

"I expected you to find me!" Hera said. "I knew you would come to find her, then I would get you and your girlfriend. But I didn't think you'd come alone. I thought you would bring your little friends with you. I was especially looking forward to getting my hands on Thalia Grace. The only one I didn't want to hurt was Piper McLean, after she helped me and broke Zeus's son's heart. I think she's a great demigod."

"So do I, but that's where our agreement ends," Percy said. "Who were the other two people in my dream?"

"Annabeth, would you like to answer that?" Hera said sweetly.

"Kelli," Annabeth grunted. "And Hyperion."

"I got rid of him," Hera waved. "He was annoying." Percy wondered why Hera was telling him her entire plans, and then he realised that she probably thought he would never leave that room alive. Lucky she didn't know that his friends were coming for him.

"Percy? Where are you?" he heard someone shout - Thalia. Somehow, Hera didn't notice it. She was too busy taunting them.

Percy knew he couldn't say anything - that would give away to Hera that backup was coming. But how could he signal to Thalia that he was in this room...

Percy closed his eyes and tried to focus on all the water in the building. Using all his energy, he brought it up from the pipes and made it form a path to the room in the hallway. Hopefully, Thalia or one of the others would notice.

"You two are going to die in here," Hera laughed.

Annabeth looked up at Percy. He mouthed, "Pinecone Face." Annabeth's eyes widened.

"Are you sure?" Annabeth mouthed back.

"I heard her," Percy mouthed.

Suddenly, the door burst open.