Another Reminder that I'm Not Nico's Type

The first thing Percy did that morning was text his swim friends.

Percy: Hey, guys. I'm not going to be able to make it to swim practice today.

Axel: come on man

Peter: Why not?

Percy: Something came up

Peter: What?

Percy: A family thing

Chris: Ok. I hope that you are alright.

Axel: yeah man

Peter: See you in a few days then

Percy put down his phone. Who knew if he would actually be at practice in a few days? Who knew if he would even be alive then?

No, he thought. He couldn't think like that. He was going to make it out alive, and so were all his friends, and Annabeth. If anything, this dream confirmed that Annabeth was still out there, somewhere. He was elated, but it hurt him every time to think that Annabeth was being tortured by someone. It seemed like they thought Annabeth knew something... and those two figures. They talked about someone, and Percy was sure they said some sort of code name. If only he could remember what?

Percy got dressed, brushed his teeth, did nothing about his messy hair, and went outside to his car. He got in, and set off right to Camp Half blood. He needed to tell everyone about his dream, and he didn't want to do it over an Iris Message. Although they were very secure, there was always a chance that some sort of immortal being had found a way to listen to the call. 

Percy pulled up at camp, and ran straight up the hill. Only when he didn't see any campers, he realized that it was still pretty early out - like, five in the morning. His friends must have been up because of early swim practice. But he knew that Chiron would be awake, in the Big House. So that's where he went.

"Chiron!" He called as he ran into the Big House.

"Percy?" Chiron came walking into the main room, looking like he had been awake for hours. "What are you doing here at this time? You've never been one to wake up early."

"I had a nightmare," Percy said. Chiron didn't seem shook. After all, demigods had nightmares all the time.

"And you came here to tell me that?" Chiron asked. 

"Trust me, I think it was more than just a nightmare," Percy said.

Ten minutes later, Nico, Percy, Chiron, and Mr. D. were all sitting around the table. "Why did you have to get us up?" Nico grumbled.

"Well, I had a nightmare," Percy said.

"So?" Mr. D. said. "Demigod brats have dreams all the time."

Percy started to speak, ignoring Mr. D. He explained his dream to everyone. At the end, everyone was silent.

"Well, we know what we must do," Chiron said.

"We have to go find her," Percy said. "I know she's in a hospital or something, so that-"

"No," Chiron said. "It's too dangerous to go right now. Plus, you have to complete college. You have friends, a girlfriend, apparently-"

"We broke up," Percy piped in. Nico raised an eyebrow. "She broke up with me."

"Were you not her type, either?" Nico asked. Percy rolled his eyes, but didn't succeed in suppressing his laugh.

"Chiron, you can't make me not look for her," Percy said. "If she's still alive, I need to find her. She knows I'm looking for her. I don't know how I know that, but I do."

"We talked about this yesterday," Chiron said. "We're not going to start looking for her until we have proof-"

"Is this not proof enough?" Percy exploded. "Demigod dreams always mean something. She's alive!"

Percy stormed out before anyone else could say anything. He went to the bleachers around the camp fire, and sat down. 

"Percy?" he heard someone say. He turned and saw Piper standing there. Even though her hair was messy, she still looked pretty, like an Aphrodite kid (in no way was he starting to develop a crush on her).

"Hi, Piper," Percy said. She sat down next to him. Ever since Jason had died a year or two ago, Percy and Piper had become closer friends. They had helped each other get through the hard times. Piper was like a sister to him (Percy had tried to figure out how they were related, but the family tree on his dad's side was SO ANNOYING).

"I heard about Annabeth," Piper said. "What are you going to do?"

"I have to look for her," Percy said. "I know that you're going to tell me it's dangerous, and that I shouldn't do it, but I have-"

"I'll come with you," Piper said.

"What?" Percy asked.

"I'll come with you to look for her," Piper said. 

"Are you serious?" Percy said.

"Annabeth and Hazel are my best friends," Piper said. "If I can help find her, I will. And I know that the remaining of the seven will do the same."

Percy smiled at Piper. He would have to do some research before they left, maybe have another dream...

Percy yawned, and only then did he realize that he was so tired - probably from waking up so early. "You should go to sleep. The Poseidon cabin is empty, after all."

Percy normally would have argued, but this time, he didn't really want to. "Alright." 

They got up, and they walked to cabin 3. "Bye," Piper said as Percy went into the cabin.

"Bye," Percy said, and laid down on one of the familiar beds. He quickly drifted asleep, and didn't have any unpleasant dreams - just dreams of his memories with Annabeth. When they first met, when Annabeth held his hand in the Underworld, when she kissed him at Mt. Helens, when she took the dagger for him, when they kissed, actually kissed, when they reunited, when he fell into Tartarus for her, when they got out together. And somehow, those dreams were almost worse.