Bessie Vs. Kraken

"PERCY WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!" Percy woke up to Leo screaming in his ear.

"Gods, Leo!"

"Dinner's ready," Leo said, then spun around and walked out of the cabin. Percy groaned, and got up. Hazel was standing outside of the door.

"Leo woke me up the same way," Hazel said. "I didn't sleep at all last night."

"Neither did I, much," Percy said. "I wonder what's for dinner."

"Probably burgers or something," Hazel said.

"ENCHILADAS!" Leo shouted as Hazel and Percy walked into the room. "WE HAVE ENCHILADAS! Calypso told me to make enchiladas for you guys on the trip."

"Did she really?" Frank asked.

"Nope," Leo said. "I just wanted to make enchiladas."

They all laughed, and sat down for dinner.

"It feels kind of weird to not have any adults with us this time," Percy said.

"Uh, most of us are adults," Hazel reminded him. "Just me, Nico, and Thalia aren't."

"I may not be an adult, but I'm older and more mature than all of you," Thalia said. They all started arguing, and it felt like the old days, when they were going to the Athena Parthenos. Percy looked down over the ship, and saw that they were flying over a vast ocean of water. In a few days, they would probably be reaching Athens, and they would be able to save Annabeth.

"I can't believe there haven't been any monster attacks yet," Nico said.

"Come on! You jinxed us," Percy said. "Now we're going to get monster attacks."

As if on command, they felt the bottom of their ship jolt, and were all knocked out of their seats.

"Stupid Death Boy," Thalia muttered.

"Me and Frank can go down there to see what's going on," Percy said. Frank transformed into a bird, and Percy summoned a wave of water to carry them down. Percy pulled out Riptide and uncapped it. But instead of seeing a monster, they saw one of Percy's oldest friends. Bessie the Ophiotarus!!!

"Bessie!" Percy exclaimed. "GUYS! IT'S NOT A MONSTER! IT'S JUST BESSIE!"

From above deck, Percy could hear Leo start yelling. "IT'S JUST BESSIE EVERYONE! I DON'T KNOW WHO THAT IS, BUT I GUESS SHE'S PROBABLY ALRIGHT!"

"HE!" Percy shouted. Then Percy noticed Bessie's face. He looked nervous, as if he was trying to warn them. 

"ROAR!"

Percy and Frank looked over to see a big, brown rock emerging from the Ocean. No, it wasn't a rock. It came more out of the water, and Percy immediately recognized what it was. 

"CODE RED! IT'S NOT JUST BESSIE! IT'S A KRAKEN!"

"GUYS! IT'S A KRAKEN!" Percy heard Leo yelling, and Percy and Frank went back up to deck. Everyone was standing, watching them.

"What are we going to do?" Piper asked Percy.

"Why are you asking me?" Percy said.

"Because you're kind of the leader," Hazel said. "If anyone knew what to do, it would be you."

"Ok... um, well, in the myth, the Kraken was half the size of the Atlantic Ocean," Percy said. "But he doesn't look that big. Maybe because he got smaller in Tartarus or something. Hades was able to defeat him with some sort of dragon thing, but we don't have one of them. What if we take out its eyes, so it can't see, then cut off the tentacles, then just kill it with our weapons?"

The plan wasn't very good, but it was the best they had, so they launched into action. Leo flew the boat lower, until they were eye-level with the Kraken.

"Geez, this guy is huge," Leo said. "I can't believe he used to be bigger."

Thalia shot the Kraken in both eyes with her bow, and for a moment it was flopping around like a giant dead fish, then somehow came back to normal - as if it was totally fine. But they couldn't focus on that. Leo lit his hands on fire and flew into the air (using new jet-pack boots that he had designed), Frank turned into a dragon and both Hazel and Piper rode on his back, Nico used the shadows to carry him, and Percy rode a wave. They all went around cutting off the tentacles, but it was no use.

"They keep growing back!" Nico shouted. "What should we do?"

Then, one of the tentacles hit Hazel, and she fell off dragon Frank. He quickly dove down to get her, and breathed fire in the Kraken's face. 

"We're no match for him," Thalia yelled. "Hades's monster could barely defeat him."

Then, an even larger monster came barreling out of the water. "Bessie?" Percy shouted in disbelief. Bessie looked exactly the same, just a hundred times larger. Bessie wrapped himself around the Kraken, and went tighter, and then the Kraken dissolved into golden dust. Bessie purred, then went down into the ocean.

"Thanks, Bessie!" Percy shouted. They all went back onto the ship. "How did he even get out of Hephaestus' aquarium for him?"