Nightmares! Yay!

DISCLAIMER: I am not Rick Riordan and the characters from the PJO and HOO series do not belong to me (I have some OCs in here). This is my first fanfiction for the Percy Jackson universe, so I apologize for any OOC. Please don't be negative in the comments. I would love votes and comments but no pressure! Thank you!

EDIT: I'm editing this story, so if you get a notification that's why. No new chapters out, sorry guys. 

July 10th. 730 days. 2 years from when it happened. From when he had been stupid, STUPID, and lost the most important person in his life. He could have prevented it, but instead his fatal flaw proved fatal to someone else. And he would never forgive himself. Never.

"Hey, babe," a high voice called from his bedroom. "What movie do you want to watch tonight?"

"I don't care," Percy said, staring at the timer on the microwave. "Anything you want."

"Okay," Percy's girlfriend called. "I'm putting on Jaws. I know you love the water and sea creatures."

"Thanks, I like that movie," Percy sighed. He did not, in fact, like that movie. The shark was portrayed as so evil. Sharks were actually really sweet - if they were talking to the right person. Once the  microwave dinged, Percy grabbed the popcorn and walked into his bedroom, where a girl with curly blonde hair was sitting. Percy leaned over and kissed her cheek.

"I think I'm going to go take a bath. But, um, you can start the movie without me," Percy said. He put the popcorn down on the bed.

"Are you ok?" she asked. Percy nodded. "Alright. Love you, Perce."

"You too, Jaime."

Percy took off his shorts and shirt, then lowered himself into the hot bath. He leaned his head back and relaxed, but he didn't shut his eyes, for the fear that he would fall asleep and relive the terrible moments in his past. Kronos, Tartarus, the Final Battle...

"Percy Jackson."

Percy looked up and saw a shimmery image of Chiron and Mr. D, the leaders of Camp Half-Blood.

"Gods!" Percy yelped. He grabbed a towel from the side of the bath and pulled it over his chest.

"Sorry, Perseus" - Percy scowled at that name - "we were just calling to... check in," Chiron said, saying with his eyes what both of them were thinking. Mr. D, oblivious to the wordless exchange, was sitting next to Chiron and drinking a coke.

"Well, I'm fine," Percy said, a slight bitter tone in his voice. "How's camp?"

"It's doing pretty well," Chiron said. "Most of the repairs are done, except to the Poseidon cabin and the Ares cabin. The new cabin counselors are doing very well. Malcolm's doing a good job teaching them."

Percy looked down at that last comment. "That's great, Chiron."

"Babe? Who are you talking to?" Jaime called from the other room.

"I gotta go, or my girlfriend will get suspicious. Bye," Percy said.

"Girlfriend?" Chiron and Mr. D said in unison. Percy blinked out of the Iris message just in time.

Percy came out of the bath and pulled on pajama pants and a long sleeve shirt, despite it being in the middle of the summer. He sat down next to Jaime, who had already eaten half the bowl of popcorn. "Who was that?"

"Just my mom," Percy said. "You know how she gets worried if I don't call her everyday."

"Yeah, what is up with that? She calls you so often. Isn't this, like, the second time today?" Jaime laughed. "A bit overprotective, much?"