Chapter Nineteen. Painful Realizations.

My eyes could not believe what was displayed on Flora’s screen. Okay, maybe this was one of her fucked up tricks and she just wanted to scare me. Yup. That was it.

“This is hilarious, Flor. Wow. You got me.” I exclaimed through my fake laughter.

“What are you talking about?” She came out and stood next to me, grabbing her phone from my hand. Her face turned pale.

“Jas, I’m so sorry, I was going to tell you, but I didn’t want you to get hurt.”

“Uh what are you saying Flor…this is just a joke, right?”

This bitch was scaring me. The text can’t be real. No. It just can’t. But then why would her face go pale? Why is she acting so weird? No, it’s just a prank. Flora’s a good actress; I should know that by now.

“Check the number.” Flora handed me back the phone.

I clicked on the message then on the ‘see this contact’ button, trembling with every touch. I examined the number on the screen under his name, and there it was, it was actually Zayn’s number. That’s not possible. I removed my eyes from the phone screen and stared up into her pitiful eyes.

“Why the FUCK would you do this to me?” I said as up-front as possible, scrunching my fingers together, being careful not to punch her directly in her face.

“I didn’t know what to do! He was all over me. I’m telling you the truth!”

“Bullshit.”

I hurried to the bathroom and locked the door behind me. Well, I was fucking mad. Why would he cheat on me? WHY? That asshole should think of acting as a profession, he just does it so damn well. Did he really think I wouldn’t find out? Fuck no. Jasmine Levine finds everything out. That’s right.

Suddenly, my anger turned to tears, the worst thing that could have happened at this moment. Didn’t he know how sensitive I get with this topic? I don’t understand. I felt hopeless. This is why I can’t love. I am never going through this again, ever, and this time I mean it.

I scrunched up towards the wall and placed my head into my knees, silently crying, making sure nobody could hear me. I tried to collect myself but each time the thought of Zayn and Flora made me sob. I could hear my name being called and I immediately stopped crying. Nobody could see me like this. I wiped my tears and washed my face, then exited out the bathroom.

“Sorry, I was using the restroom.” I said sternly.

“That’s alright babe. Hey, I’m really tired. I hope you don’t mind if I could go take a little nap and then maybe we can get a little physical later?” He winked.

“Sure. I don’t mind.” I tried smiling, but it was an absolute fail.

He laughed and went upstairs, yawning.

I left the room where everyone was in and stood in front of the kitchen window, watching the snow fall from the sky. I needed to get out of here. Since Zayn had just proved himself as a liar, the man I thought I could trust with my life, well damn there was definitely nobody here I could trust. Problem was, how would I get back to the school?

Suddenly, Harry walked in with a big smile on his face. I didn’t even want to know. I turned my head away from him and continued to stare out the window.

“You alright?”

“Fine.”

“I’ve been around too many girls to know that fine means no. What’s wrong?” He came next to me and turned his face towards mine.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me, and we both turned our heads to see who it was.

“Everything okay?” Zayn said with an eager tone.

“I thought you were sleeping.” I said.

“I couldn’t sleep. I’d much rather be with you.”

Harry rolled his eyes and left after saying “I’ll leave it to you to cheer up your girl.”

“What does he mean? Jas, talk to me.” Zayn said, clearly confused, or faking it, I really couldn’t tell anymore.

That’s it. I needed to spill.

“No Zayn. YOU talk to me. You’re the one who has to do the talking.”

“Babe, calm down. I really don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh well here we go with the acting again. Explain your little snogging sesh with Flora. You cheated on me, Zayn. Admit it, just don’t lie to me.”

He looked at me with a blank expression, barely able to get complete words out.

“I-I-wha-“

“Fuck you.” I pushed him out of the way and ran out the door. I had no idea where I was going, but I just ran. I could hear shouting behind me but I didn’t dare look back. I kept on running until I saw a car.

“Hey! Hey!” I shouted and waved at it.

The car stopped next to me and rolled its windows down showcasing a middle-aged couple probably also going on a trip.

“Hello! Could you please take me to the nearest bus stop, please!”

“No worries get in get in.” The woman said with a fearful expression as the husband glared at her. Well, he was definitely not happy about this but this was the first time I accepted pity. If that woman hadn’t pitied me I would have never even made it to the bus stop.

I ordered the bus to the nearest intersection next to my school. I’d probably be the only person there, since everyone had gone back to their families for the break.

I scanned my school I.D. card at the door and entered, hurrying up to my room. This was probably the safest place I’d be from this shitty thing called love.

●════════●♥●════════●

Once again, A MASSIVE THANK YOU to my lovely readers<3 Keep on reading because there are lots more surprises ahead(; And please vote! Any thoughts on what will happen?