Chapter Twenty Five. To Listen or Not To Listen?

To the abrupt feeling of a soft cushion under my aching back, I slowly dragged myself up feeling as dizzy as ever. Not to mention the horrible pain on my forehead, but that was irrelevant compared to the fact that I was lying on a red couch in a place I'd never seen before. Clearly, I was befuddled. I watched a familiar large man approach me as he saw my head tilt up.

“Hey! You’re finally conscious.” Paul said excitedly, but his excited expression suddenly changed into a worried one as he directed his eyes towards my forehead. I just stared at him blankly because what the actual fuck was going on? He ran to the far corner of the room and came back with a wet towel, placing it lightly on my head.

“What’s going on?” I managed to say, finally able to put my thoughts into words. I looked around the room for anyone else but my eyes drifted back to him realizing that we were the only ones in the room.

“Well, erm, you were found in the back of the lot on the floor and some guy was trying to hurt you…but you’re safe! And this is nothing but a bruise, don’t worry!”

I rubbed my eyes as the former, disturbing events of the night replayed in my head. So, it was Paul who had helped me, but what was confusing was that Paul would never punch a kid like how whoever the hell my savior was had punched Josh.

“Wait, who saved me?” I mouthed, perplexed. 

“Zayn.” Paul mumbled reluctantly after a slight pause then gave me a bright smile.

Well shit. I’d come out here to see Zayn, but I’d totally missed my chance. Not to mention, he’d seen me being almost raped my Josh. Why do I have the worst timing the in the world?

Paul stared at me trying to make out my expression. When he saw I wasn’t responding, he decided to speak, because I was still dumbfounded as to the fact that I’d completely missed my perfect chance.

“He really wanted to stay and wait for you to be up, but he had to go sing out there.”

I simply nodded, still trying to comprehend the fact that he’d seen me. Whilst me and Paul sat quite awkwardly, unsure of what to say on his part and strongly apathetic on mine, I ultimately decided to break the silence.

“Well, I should go now.” I got up before I felt an abrupt touch on my shoulder.

“You can’t go! At least wait for Zayn.”

I was really up for seeing him. Really. But I just wasn’t feeling it anymore. Zayn deserved someone better. Not some trashy piece of shit like me.

“No, it’s okay. Tell him thanks, though. I really have to get home.”

“You’ll regret it Ms. Levine.”

Ms. Levine? Since when? Oh yeah, since everything changed. And my ex boyfriend’s probably super old security guard giving me life advice? Really?

To listen or not to listen?

“I know. I just can’t do this right now.” I felt the tears building up in my eyes. I actually really couldn’t do it. Coming here was a complete mistake in the first place. I really needed to update my fairytale, like my mom said, because maybe, just maybe Disney lied. Maybe there is no such thing as a fairytale. Maybe, there are no happy endings, no happily ever after.

I lifted myself up, but Paul’s large arm blocked my body and prevented me from moving.

“You need to rest after what happened out there. You can’t leave now.” Paul said determined that he could make me stay.

“I can take care of myself.” I replied, sourly. 

“Maybe you can, but Zayn can’t. He needs you.”

I sighed. I secretly needed him too. But I couldn’t just say that. It was driving my insane actually at this very moment that he was less than 50 feet away from me, and yet I couldn't see him. You know what? I don't even know why I'm pondering this. He's a fucking superstar and has probably moved on, so that's what I needed to do too, even if it killed me to leave him, it was fate. Zayn was just a lesson, not my destiny. 

“Listen, Jasmine. At first, when you and Zayn started dating, management was angry with him. They thought you were bad business. But, really, you made him a better person. And when he was becoming just that, you left. We need you. You need him too. Isn’t that what you came here for? To see him?”

“Yeah, but I’ve changed my mind. It’s not going to work out.”

“You don’t know that, Jasmine.” He said with a serious tone.

“I know.” I retorted and swiftly brushed past Paul’s outstretched hand, leaving him speechless as I walked out the back, eager to take leave. 

●════════●♥●════════●

Hey theree my sexy readers! xx I hope you liked this fairly short chappie! The next chapter will have Zayn's point of view in it and I'll post it within the week if I get a decent amount of votes and comments(; I hopee my work is appreciated ily♥