Chapter 9: George Weasley

"It's not what your thinking, he was just being nice." you said letting go of Hermione's arms and putting George's jumper all the way on.

"Umm that was just being nice y/n." Draco says joining Hermione in teasing you.

"Hermione? Where'd you get that necklace?" you said trying to change the subject.

"Nice try you know how I got it I've had it since first year." Hermione said rolling her eyes "Seriously y/n. Are you into George?"

You saw out the corner of your eye that Ron was glaring over at your direction.

You didn't say anything for a minute you just stood there with a thousand thought running through your head.

"Y/n? You ok?" Draco said snapping you out of all your thoughts.

"Sorry I- yeah I'm good. It wasn't anything don't worry about it."  you say walking away and going towards the back of the store.

Fred opened the door and changed the sign to say open.

George and Fred were walking around together talking to the customers, Draco was doing cash registers with Hermione and Ron, while you were left to walk around and help and restock the shelves when they got close to empty.

As always the story was packed with students buying stuff to get out of school like the famous Fever Fudge or the Puking Pastilles.

You went to the back to get more Fever Fudge and Puking Pastilles since they were all gone from the shelf.

You got a new batch of  the two popular items and brought them out to place them on the shelf.

"Here y/n let me help you with those." George said grabbing on of the boxes from your arms.

"Thanks" you said as the two of you walked up down the stairs and put the box's on the shelf's.

"Hey y/n what was Hermione going on about earlier? After I gave you my jumper?" George said grabbing your hand and pulling you back towards him before you left.

"Oh she just was asking why I was wearing your jumper. You know how she is, she has to know everything." you said rolling your eyes .

"Oh well yeah of course she is Hermione Granger." George said laughing.

You laughed with him as you looked down and saw he still had your hand in his.

As soon as he saw you looking at your hands connected together he let go and rubbed the back of his neck while he smiled nervously.

Did the George Weasley just blush because of me? you asked yourself as you stared at the talk ginger blush.

"Fred Fred! How much is this?" you heard a kid from behind you say. It was a young Gryffindor you didn't know him but he looked 1st or 2nd year.

"2 galleons" George said not correcting the boy on how he called him Fred.

George was used to being called Fred, after all everyone knew Fred's name so most of the time he was called Fred instead of George.

"5 galleons is what he meant" you said to the boy as you took the boys arm and walked him towards the cash registers.

You looked back to see George smirking at you. You gave him a confused face and you just shrugged as George walked back to Fred.

"I saw that!" Hermione said as she hit your arm from the other side of the cash register.

You looked at Ron who was helping the boy you just brought over and he didn't look at all bothered he was just smiling and helping people.

"Whatever Mioneee" you said knowing how much Hermione gets flustered when someone calls her that.

"Mione?" Draco said laughing playfully at Hermione's nickname.

"Malfoy if you call me that I'll beat you with a broom." Hermione said punching his shoulder playfully.

"Aww how cute" you said. Ron and you laughed while Hermione and Draco's cheeks both went red.

"Y/n we need more Fainting Fancies!" George screamed in your direction.

"On it boss" you said winking at George from across the shop.

You put your hair up in a messy bun and you grabbed the extra box of Fainting Fancies from the back and brought them over to George.

"These go right here right George?" you asked setting the box on a near by shelf.

George walked over to you looked you up and down and moved his hand up to your cheek. He brushed his thumb against your cheek then tucked a piece of your hair behind your ear.

"Nope! They go over there." he said pointing to an empty shelf and waking away again.

God he needs to stop teasing like that! you said as you sighed and walked the box over to the empty shelf.

You felt a hand rest on your shoulder. "Ahh" you screamed as you jumped and turned around to see whoever scared you. And of course it was non other than the prankster himself Fred Weasley

"God Fred you scared me" you said as you sighed and continued to place the Fainting Fancies of the shelf.

"What's up with you and my brother?" Fred said leaning against the shelf and staring at you.

"Which one?" you said jokingly as you continued to place the Fainting Fancies on the shelf not looking at Fred.

"Well both actually. We all know you liked Ron and you two were so close the other day you now being alone together and coming late to lunch and dinner and yet today you haven't talked more than once. Then all the sudden you and George are all flirty? What's going on?" Fred said while turned you face with his hand on your chin so you would look at him.

"Well umm you are one of my best friends... but I haven't told the girls yet.. but you are their brother." you said considering if you should tell Fred or not.

"Hermione come here real quick!" Fred screamed towards Hermione.

"Yes?" Hermione said as she approached you and Fred.

"Here now you can tell me and one of the girls" Fred said looking at you.

You sighed "ok ok fine"