Chapter 22 Peter's Pain

Absolute Star!

Chapter 22 Peter's Pain

~~~

I skipped all the way to the taxi, gladly paying the driver seven dollars. But how was I meant to act in front of Samuel? Be all happy-go-lucky? Go mad? Treat him like my boyfriend? Possibilities ran through my head, getting sillier every time. Things like be a cow or chicken started passing through. I was seriously going mad.

But I didn’t get to see Samuel until the morning after, at breakfast. Things were definitely awkward, but I gulped down my juice all the same.

“We’re going to the Palisades this afternoon!” Danny exclaimed. He certainly felt buoyant. A few guests in the breakfast room glared at us, but laughed with us too. “Wear suitable things - no heels, or hoodies! It’s gonna be hot, hot, hot so wear a t-shirt, shorts and sandals, got it? Amy, are you listening to me?”

“O-oh, yeah, I am.”

Yeah right. I wasn’t listening, I was looking at Peter who looked like he was on the brink of death. Samuel glanced at me, and saw that I was looking at Peter. Whoops. 

“Amy, can I come into the studio and watch you film?” he asked.

“Of course! We’ve already finished the filming of the drama, we’re doing the music video for my new song. They found a random guy on the internet to be in it, so we’re meeting at nine thirty in Starbucks,” I answered truthfully.

“What’s this all about?” Samuel asked. Erm… I shouldn’t have said that.

“It’s only natural, since the song is about love…?”

He stood up and went back upstairs. I bit my lip nervously, but checked the time. Quarter past nine. “I’m going now then,” I said, picking up my bag. Danny smirked but said bye. Peter wavered on his seat. “Are you all right Peter?” No reply. “Peter!” I shook his shoulder, but his facial expression showed it all. He wasn’t all right, in fact he was the exact opposite. “Danny, can you take Peter back to his room? I have to go now, or I’ll be late!”

I sprinted out of the hotel, looking back at Peter. It took me a few minutes to stop a taxi, but there wasn’t much traffic so I got there in no time.

“Hey,” a seriously good looking guy said sitting at a table with Indigo.

“Hi,” I replied. He had sunglasses on to cover his sapphire blue eyes, and a scarf to hide his gorgeous long neck. Great. Now I was stripping him with my eyes.

“This is Damien Grant. Damien, you already know that this is Amy. Shake hands?” Indigo slipped in. I shook his hand and sat down. “Let’s go straight to the studio and start filming - we only have two hours. Let’s see if we can get it done today! Then we can go to the Palisades in joy.”

We got in a black BMW and sat comfortably on the sleek leather for ten minutes. I was already used to the place, so I went straight to dressing room B. Lillie was better and happily applied my make-up. Whilst my hair was drying, I got a text for Samuel. Sorry for overreacting. Want to go on a date? I’ll pay for everything. Let’s go on Sunday, the day before we leave. S xx

Yes! Of course I wanted to - we could go sightseeing and visit the Statue of Liberty! Oh, this was all so exciting… I decided to work hard for the video shooting and get it over and done with. I no longer had dejecting, broken-hearted feelings inside my head and heart but I kept a miserable face on.

The first scene was me watching Damien sleep, but I was translucent. The second I was mouthing the words to the song, the third I was ‘crying’. The rest was mainly me mouthing words to the song which was playing on the stereo and watching Damen do things that made my heart break. Then at the end, I drifted off into heaven…