Chapter 9 The Scary School Night!

Absolute Star

Chapter 9 - The Scary School Night!

~~~

~2nd Floor 22:08~

I chose a white bed linen and a ghost mask, and Ray staying in her costume since it was scary enough. I re-did her make-up and before we knew it, we were ready to go.

All five of us went round to each classroom, telling them what we were planning to do. They all agreed, and chose a costume. A couple stayed in their own, but otherwise I was sure we were ready to go.

“Shh!” Hattie whispered. “Amy, can you go and check their status?”

“Okay,” I replied, since I was the only one with bare feet. I tiptoed up the stairs, and checked through each classroom. But… there was no one there.

“Guys, the boys aren’t in the classrooms!” I whispered. They all began murmuring amongst themselves, whilst Ray giggled.

“Well, duh, they were planning on scaring us! C’mon, let’s go look for them!”

We slowly made our way up the stairs, just peeking through each door to see if there were any boys there. Once we  had cleared all the floors, we knew they had to be in the dining hall, main hall, toilets or dance studio. There was no chance for them to be in the sports block since the rain had appeared and was literally coming down in buckets. 

We made it to the main hall, and there they were, stealing all the leftover sweets an snacks. I gritted my teeth. I found Samuel, who was leaning on the stage with his iPod. The light’s were all on, so Hannah made her way up to the lighting room, and turned them all off.

“What’s going on?!” they all shouted. Then it was the girl’s turn.

We ran towards all of them, screaming and shrieking. I heard a couple of screams from the boys too. I was approaching Samuel, but I didn’t scream, or run for that matter. I just paced towards him. 

“Huh?” he said when I touched his head. When he looked at me, he didn’t scream. He just laughed. “Hah! I’ve got this random ghost touching me! So scary!”

I stopped poking his head and frowned. He couldn’t see who was poking him, so why was he laughing?

Suddenly, he picked me up, went up on the stage, and then a sharp blast of wind and rain made me rip my mask off.

“So it was you Amy.”

“I guess,” I replied nervously. He started walking round the main hall, towards the gardening roof. I followed him since he beckoned me over. We went up the four flights of stairs until we reached the roof. It had a plastic cover on top of the stair part, but the actual garden was in the rain. There were a couple of benches underneath the plastic cover, which Samuel sat on. In the moonlight, I could just about see the marigolds, and the violets, the luscious blue forget-me-nots, the red roses. There were so many flowers on the roof, and they were taken care of by the gardener - Mr Barlow. He was really kind and I used to chat to him whenever I came to the roof. 

Except nowadays I didn’t go to the roof since the summer weather had turned bad.

“Why did you come here?” I asked Samuel, who seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

“Because I feel most comfortable here. Here, take this earphone.”

I took the earphone and sat down next to him. He changed the song to one I had never heard before.

 ~At least pick up the phone

I’m missing you loads baby

You never left me alone