Chapter 18 Family Reunion!

Absolute Star

Chapter 18 Family Reunion!

~~~

~White Agency 10:30~

I picked up my bag and went into the corridor. Hooray, time for some clothe shopping! Indigo had given me my earnings, which in my opinion was quite a lot. Two hundred and twenty five pounds… I could do all sorts of things with that kind of money!

I had agreed for Peter to come with me, but we were going to meet with Ray as well. So happy families! He was already in reception waiting for me, clutching some used plastic bags.

“Save the environment!” he mused. I chucked, slapping him on the shoulder. We got on the bus into the town centre and headed straight for the mall. Ray was by the fountain, brushing her hair. She waved as we approached her, and her face looked much better. She was definitely over the freak Alex.

“Morning my little sunshines!” she smiled. I sighed but put an arm around her. A couple of girls had asked for my autograph, so I signed them. Peter on the other hand had almost hundreds of people around him. Ugh! But lucky for me, more came. Even Ray got to sign some because she was my friend. After escaping the crowd, we went into the mall and up the escalator.

The ground floor was mainly for food and drink - such as Starbucks and even a small Tesco. The first floor was clothing and accessories, second make-up and hair stuff, third toy shop and fourth furniture. It was pretty roomy and had plenty of space for more eager fans. I quickly made my way towards New Look and picked out some slogan tees. Along with those I also bought some skinny jeans and a pair of sandals. Then I went out into Top Shop where I bought a nice thin fashion coat and a cardigan. Ray got a random pair of earrings for no reason whatsoever. Strange girl.

Peter on the other hand had no money on him so he just watched us buy stuff, then put it in the plastic bags. At lunch time we went down to get something to eat. Ray was spoilt for choice - her favourite food was the common sandwich, but she particularly liked the BLT. I hurryingly took a tuna melt Panini and even got one for Peter, out of my pure kindness.

“Thanks,” he whispered. “but I’ve got enough money for a Panini!” 

What - he had money all this time? So I just paid for his lunch even though he had enough? Stupid me. Who doesn’t bring a few pounds around with them? No one. He smirked whilst eating his Panini, making me scowl. Ray was in her little world thinking of random things. The café was overlooking a river with a pile of logs next to it. My first thoughts were Samuel… Oh yes, Samuel. I flushed, looking down. I could feel Peter’s intruding eyes burning on my face, changing the colour to an even deeper red. His laugh was echoing in my head. Stupid Peter! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

“Who are you calling stupid?” Ray said suddenly.

“Me? No one!”

“You just said stupid three times. You broke me out of my daydream.”

I sighed. Again with the thinking out loud thing? “Sorry Ray. Go back to Ray land.”

“Okay!”

Peter was sniggering. He could see my red face clear as day now that I looked up. I stood up and ran to the toilet.

There was such a long queue for the ladies so I sped straight for the men’s. Thank god there was no one in there. I went into a cubicle and locked it. Taking a few breaths I began to calm down. I looked at the mirror on the door and I hardly looked red at all, so I went out.

“Amy?” a familiar voice said. I looked up to see Eddie’s shining face.

“Eddie!” I shouted, hugging him. He smelled of home, such a nice smell! But the pungent toilet scent lingered in the air.