Chapter 7 A Confession

Absolute Star

Chapter 7 - A Confession

~~~

~The Star Household 07:18~

I woke up feeling refreshed. I had decided last night that I was going to tell mum and dad about the White Agency and becoming an idol. I slipped on a random t-shirt and some capris. I tied my hair up in a ponytail, and went down for breakfast.

“Hey, mum, dad,” I said, getting a bowl and some milk.

“Hey honey,” mum replied. Dad simply nodded, sipping on his coffee. Ammy was slurping on some strawberry milk and Eddie was eating a piece of toast. I sat down next to him, munching my cereal.

“Mum, dad, I have something to tell you!”

They looked up at me, dad raising his eyebrows.

“Have you got a boyfriend?” mum ‘whispered’. 

“No!” I replied, heating up. “Actually, I wanted to tell you that an agency wants to turn me into a teen idol!”

They looked at me for a couple of seconds before laughing.

“What’s so funny?”

“An idol? Ha, that won’t happen dear!” dad exclaimed. I pouted, feeling a bit angry.

“I think you’ll be great,” Eddie said. My pout changed to a smile.

“See? Eddie thinks I’ll be great!”

“Are you sure all this isn’t a con?” mum asked, almost worried.

“Er… well actually yesterday I didn’t go to Ray’s house… I went to visit the agency.”

Mum and dad both gawped.

“You went without telling us?!” dad shouted.

“Well it was only a trial day! I might not even decide to be one! Which is why I’m telling you now!” I replied, my anger coming back. Couldn’t they understand?

“Daniel, it’s okay,” mum said with her soothing voice. I pouted again, turning my back on them. “Sweetie, I believe you,” she said, standing up and walking over to me. “Why don’t you tell me what happened, hmm?”

I nodded and told them about Rosalind, and what she said after the play. Then about calling them, and them telling me to go at 10, plus the car. I said about how modern the building was, and how someone had shown me round. I even mentioned that I got lost… but not about ‘Ang’ which I thought was probably short for Angus. They listened closely, nodding every now and then.

“Well, honey, I think you have a chance in actually becoming one!” mum said, stroking my hair. Eddie smiled, as dad scrutinized me.

“Erm… dad, is there something wrong?” I asked.

“That shirt is too see-through.”

I froze, sighing. Mum had bought me some new school shirts, and I agreed they were quite see-through.

“Well I guess I should go and change then!” I called after them, hopping up the stairs.

I shut the door and put on a different shirt. What was dad’s problem? Well I guess we never really got on. We argued a lot, but he was really kind. I went back down after brushing my teeth.

“Amy, do you want a lift to school?” mum asked putting her shoes on.

“Er… yeah, I’ll just get my bag.”

I put my pencil case in my bag along with my purse, phone and iPod Touch. I put a tiny bit of mascara on, put some boots on, buttoned up my blazer, then jumped into the car.