Chapter 8 The Sleepover Begins!

Absolute Star

Chapter 8 - The Sleepover Begins!

~~~

“Cody! What did you do?!” I shouted. His tears had been mixed with blood and was flowing into a cup.

“I-I h-have to! O-Otherwise t-they’ll hurt m-me!” he whimpered. Wow, I had never seen Cody Moore like this, ever. Usually he was a dork, always tricking people and playing girls. Yes, he was quite popular with girls, even though half the girls in his year had been dumped by him. To see him like this… it was crazy.

“What’s wrong? Just stop! Let me get a tissue!”

I grabbed the box of tissues on his desk and dabbed at the streaking blood. I exhaled when the flowing had stopped, but why was there a cup full of half diluted blood?

“Tell me what happened Cody. Please!” I begged, putting the cup on the desk.

“It was t-them… they said if I didn’t give them a cup of blood by tomorrow, they would burn down my house and everything in it.”

I was furious. What kind of kid did this kind of stuff? To twelve year-olds?!

“Who was it? Tell me, who told you to?”

“I can’t tell you.”

“Tell me Cody! This isn’t a joke, you have to tell me! No one has the right to do stuff like this to you!”

“It was the F gang.”

I gasped.

The F gang stood for F*cker Gang. They were a year above me, and trust me, they were scary. They were made up of Ross, Jodie, Matthew and Denise. Why pick on a twelve year old?

“Why did they tell you to?”

“They said my sister had done something to them that was unforgivable. So they decided to pick on me after school. They threw my lunch in the river, so I had to dry it out and bring it home. I was going to throw it in the bin, but I wanted proof to tell my mum - except she didn’t take it the right way.”

“Well, I think you should go and tell your mum right now what’s happening! You don’t deserve to be used by a bunch of morons!”

He began howling on my shoulder.

“It’s okay now, I’ll do whatever I can to stop it. Now, do you want me to bring your dinner up?”

He nodded, so I ran down to the kitchen.

“Mrs Moore, is it okay if Cody eats in his room? He doesn’t feel very well.”

“Of course he wouldn’t feel well! If you don’t eat lunch - okay, just let him.”

I thanked her and brought his dinner to his room.

“I’m going down for my dinner now, so I’ll see you around.”

~Thursday 16:32~

I scratched my head, thinking of what to wear. What about… my new dress? I wasn’t sure about the heels, but decided to bring them in the end. I packed my pyjamas into my rucksack along with my toothbrush, two packets of Haribo, and a hairbrush. I put my dress and shoes in a big plastic bag, and left it at the door. Suddenly, I got a call on my phone.

“Hello?”

“Hello, this is the White Agency speaking.”

“Huh? How do you have my number?”

“No time to explain. Anyway, we would like you to make a decision sometime soon about becoming an idol, since we have to have an empty room for you.”