Chapter 4 The White Agency

Absolute Star

Chapter 4 - The White Agency

~~~

~Bus Stop 20:57~

“Bye Ray! See you on Monday!” I shouted to Ray when she got on the bus. I sighed, still clutching the card the woman had given me. Maybe tomorrow morning… I could call them. Maybe even visit them!

I walked back to my front door, where Ammy was calling me.

“Amy! Amy! Come in quick! Mummy and daddy bought you something!” 

I tilted my head, thinking of what they could’ve bought me. I never really wanted anything, except from new clothes, maths books and money.

“Congratulations Amy!” they all shouted as I entered the living room. A party?

“Thanks everyone…” I replied, flicking my hair. Mum and dad laughed, and Eddie smirked.

The table was full of snacks and there were two bottles of Coke and Sprite. What a party indeed!

As we began eating, mum gave me a box the size of a large suitcase wrapped in champagne gift wrap.

“For you Amy! You were so great tonight - we were all so proud!”

I gazed at it in excitement, whilst Ammy shouted ‘open it, open it!’.

As I unwrapped the gift wrap, it revealed a several cardboard boxes. I picked up the biggest one, and opened it up.

A dress.

It was green, my favourite colour, and had a beautiful tutu with fabric flowers sewn onto them. The corset just about fit me, and there were matching heels too. I was over the moon with this gift! It couldn’t have been cheap!

“This dress is from us,” mum mused, pointing at her and dad. I hugged them both, really grateful for it. Then I looked at the medium sized box. It had been wrapped so tightly, I had to get some scissors to cut it! Obviously from Ammy?

It was a necklace, with a locket on it. If you clicked a button the lid would open, showing a clock. The lid had ‘A’ encrusted with all kinds of fonts. I looked at Ammy, who was looking delighted with herself.

“Is this from you?”

“Yes! I chose it for you!” she replied, almost angelic. I ruffled her hair, making her grin. So obviously the smallest box was from Eddie?

It was wrapped in green wrapping paper, with 3d bows glued onto it. It was quite flat, and rectangular. I carefully ripped it open, revealing two tickets to the West End version of Alice in Wonderland.

“For the perfect Alice.”

I smiled and hugged Eddie. These couldn’t have been cheap… definitely. Plus, two tickets?

“Is it for me and Rachael?” I asked curiously.

“Nah, I thought you were so close to her, you would’ve been bored watching it. The second ticket is for when you actually get a boyfriend! But sure, go ahead, watch it with Rachael… it’s yours now.”

I cringed, hoping he didn’t know about Samuel. When was I going to get a boyfriend? Eddie hadn’t had a girlfriend before, since he studied so much. Sure, he got confessions, but he never actually went out with any of the girls. We finished up the party, and went to bed.

~The Next Morning 09:24~

I quickly turned on my laptop, and searched online for the White Agency. Huh? Nothing came up. There were things like White’s Painting and Co. and Easter Agency - new white houses on sale. I frowned, deciding to call the number on the card. Now where had I left it…