Chapter 14 Sprouting Wings

Absolute Star

Chapter 14 - Sprouting Wings

~~~

I stepped out of the black Mercedes with three suitcases, lugging them towards the revolving door. Two men in black came and took all three, along with my seven handbags. I blushed, a little embarrassed. I clutched onto my Gucci one which had all my stuff in it, and went inside. Mum had specially bought me some new clothes for my new idol business even though I told her they would provide everything. But… I seriously was in love with the new heels she bought me! They were perfect - light pink with hot pink roses on the toes, which was open. About three inches in height, I could just about walk normally in them.

My suitcases and handbags were put in a separate elevator, whilst I went in the fast glass one to my floor. It was floor eighteen, just one above Samuel. But Rosalind was the luckiest, she got the penthouse with a roof attached! As I arrived at my floor, I stepped out and found my luggage already laid out in front of the door. There was a small white envelope with my name on it, obviously containing the key. In fact, there were two keys. Just as well, I would probably lose one!

I unlocked the door and went in. It was even better in real life! I jumped onto the sofa, which probably had the fluffiest duck feathers in. I dragged my suitcases in one by one, before unloading them into my room. Opening all the closet doors, I put each piece of clothing on a coat hanger and neatly hanged them on the rail. The suitcase quickly became empty, so I closed the closet doors and went over to my desk. One suitcase had all my school stuff and extra books in, and my handbags contained my make-up and accessories. I tucked them neatly in the top drawer of my desk and went back into the living room. Mum had also bought some lily scented air sprays, which I happily sprayed around. I was so hot at the end of it, I collapsed onto the sofa and took off my cardigan. 

I had a pink dress on, which was pretty simple. The cardigan was white, and my hair was done up in a French plait. My make-up was almost invisible, since I thought why make such a big effort if your make-up artists are gonna do it for you? After about ten minutes of waiting about in my apartment awkwardly, several girls came in. My first guess was that they were the people who were gonna be working with me. They all looked so pretty… maybe it was just the make-up?

“Hey, I’m Lillie, your stylist. This is Camilla, who I will be working with,” the tallest girl announced. I gasped, smiled and went over to them. I shook their hands as the others introduced themselves. Then I realised Coco was the girl who thought my green eyes were pretty.

“You remember me? Oh that’s such an honour!” she exclaimed. I grinned as we sat down at the dining table, which was facing a window-wall. In fact, all my walls were windows except from the toilet and bedroom. There was also a spare room which was pretty small, in which I put my suitcases in. My bags went in the big closet. Mum said she would send over some of my other dresses since I couldn’t take them with me. When my pretty workers left, I called her. The conversation was relaxed, and I just told her about my apartment. When she hung up, I went into the corridor to explore the building a bit more. 

After ten minutes of wandering about, I decided to pay Samuel a visit.

“Oh, hey Amy. What are you doing here?”

“I just wanted to visit you. Is that okay?” I replied. He didn’t seem too pleased, but none of us had anything else to do.

“Yeah sure, come in. So you moving in today?”

“Yep, I’ve already put all my stuff away!” We went into his room, and my eyes averted to the family picture I had seen not that long ago. Then I realised something - what about Samuel’s brother? Had I not realised that before?