Chapter 5 Eh? Samuel is a Teen Idol?

Absolute Star

Chapter 5 - Eh? Samuel is a Teen Idol?

~~~

“Samuel?” 

“Amy?”

We stood there, a metre apart. The atmosphere was getting very awkward. I tried to pretend he wasn’t there, and went in, but he stopped me.

“What are you doing here?”

“I-I could ask you the same thing!”

“(sigh) Well you tell first.”

“I’m here because after the play last night, a woman called Rosalind gave me her card so today I decided to call, and they told me to come here! Your turn?” I replied, getting a bit annoyed with his arrogance.

“Fine… I basically live here.”

WHAT?

“Er… okay…”

“What floor were you planning to go to?”

“17.”

“That’s where I live.”

Eek! What to do?  I gulped. Did he think I was stalking him?

“Well, the receptionist told me to go there.”

“Oh, so you’re the special guest coming today.”

What - did he think badly of me? Had I left a bad impression??

“What do you mean I’m the special guest? You say it as if it’s bad.”

“No, actually I’m glad.”

I stepped in the elevator, and we went up super-super fast. This building certainly was modern!

We arrived at floor 17, and as we walked out, I was amazed.

There were two flats on this floor, and as I went into Samuels one… it was breathtaking.

It was so tidy, and there was so much space. It had one bedroom and one toilet, and the rest was in one room. The kitchen was in the corner, with a curve for the table. The TV was in the opposite diagonal corner, with two sofas facing it. In the corner next to it was a guitar, a keyboard, and posters of Samuel. Posters? I would love one!

“Sit down. Do you want a drink?”

“Er… water please.”

As he got the cups and filled them up, I gazed at all the paintings he had. I wondered if he painted them himself?

“So why do you live here?” I blurted out. As soon as it was out, I looked down in embarrassment, slightly blushing. 

“Well, my parents died last year, which was why I transferred to Maple Tree High.”

“Oh, I‘m sorry… I had no idea.”

“You wouldn’t, I haven’t told anyone.”

I took my cup off the tray and took a sip from it.

“So do you want to become a teen idol?”

“A teen idol? Why would I want to become a teen idol?”

“Er… If you didn’t want to be one, why are you here?”

Why was I here? Because I took a strangers card and called them, not even knowing what was going to happen to me. Ah, me and my reckless self. Oh yeah - the memory came back to me.

“Amy. Well, I thought your acting skills were amazing! And your singing is like an angel… If you ever want to become a teen idol, give me a ring. Here’s my card.”

So that was why I was here! Because apparently I wanted to become a teen idol?

“Anyway, leave your drink here and we’ll go look around. After lunch, you’ll have a trial day where you can look around. For now, I’ll tell you more about the White Agency.”

“Yeah okay,” I replied, finishing my cup of water. We left and looked around the whole building. The studio, the photo shoot room, the meeting room - everything was so big!

“So,” he said as we approached the lunch hall. “The White Agency is for teen idols from the age of thirteen to eighteen. Rosalind is the manager/boss of the White Agency. Teen idols do anything from singing, acting, being in magazines and so much more. I’m one, if you’re wondering.”

I nearly tripped. He was a teen idol???

“You’re a teen idol? So you’re in a magazine?”

“Oh yeah, I’ve been in a few. I’ve even been in a couple of films - but just as cameos.”

Well he was quite good at singing…

“When do you get the time to study?”

“My last school was a really tough one, and the work we did in year eight/nine was post-A level.”

My mouth found a way to open up so wide a train could have gone in.

“So I found it quite easy to get a hundred percent in a measly year nine exam.”

I nodded as if I understood, but even so… even the hardest work I had done was GCSE maths!

We reached the lunch hall and I chose a chicken wrap, squeezing some BBQ sauce on it. Samuel just had a salad and some water. Seriously? Was this the life of a teen idol? No good food?

I finished up my lunch and threw the rubbish in the bin.

“Well, I’ve got a full schedule now, so I guess it’s up to you now. Take your time to look around, you might not even get to come back!” Samuel said, walking off.

“Bye!”

I sighed… I had actually had a proper conversation with him!

Deciding to take my time, I went to every floor again, looking at each room. I found out that from floor ten to twenty, it was for accommodation. Each accommodation floor had two apartments. All the other floors were mainly for work. I realised that all of the rooms were automatically locked, and soundproof. To unlock them, you had to swipe your card, which had all your details on. There was also a camera to see if you were actually what the card said you were.

It was four forty when I had finished playing around. I decided to go home… but I didn’t even know where I was!

~~~

NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW!

Oh no... I'm totally dead! I have no idea where I am... and surely mum and dad will be back! If they call Ray, it's all over... I have to get home! Is there anyone to help me???

Next chapter - Lost, but Found Again

A/N: Hey everyone! Thanks for reading... it's always nice to know someone has read my stories! Vote, comment, fan if you really like it!

Enjoy the olympics! Go GB!