Chapter 2 The First Rehearsal

Here's chapter 2! Okay... I think I'm going to put next chapter previews at the end of each chapter! I think since I won't have much time to write it'll be better. Vote, comment, fan if you really like it! x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Absolute Star

Chapter 2

~~~

~The Star Household, third floor 20:03~

“Shh!” I whispered to Ray, who was giggling with excitement. To be completely honest, I was excited too, simply because recently, I hadn’t spied on Eddie at all.

We crept up to his door, and listened in closely. I could hear Eddie and his friend Joe.

“How’s it going with Tasha?” Eddie asked.

“Oh yeah, we haven’t quite done it yet though. She seems quite shy whenever we get to the subject!” Joe replied. So was that what Eddie talked about with his friends?

“Well, don’t lose her! She seems like a pretty good girlfriend to me! Any dates coming up soon?”

“Hmm… I think we’re supposed to go to Costa this coming Sunday. Then maybe we’ll go shopping!”

I was already bored. But Ray seemed to be concentrating to hard. What for?

They carried on rambling on about this ‘Tasha’, and then I realised why Ray was concentrating.

It was obvious that Eddie liked this Tasha, so Ray was mentally noting down what she was like so she could be a better fit for Eddie. When was she ever going to stop?

“C’mon Ray, you’ve heard enough,” I whispered into her ear.

“Shh!” she replied. Uh-oh. Eddie and Joe stopped talking.

“Run!” I shouted, grabbing hold of Ray’s hand and dragging her along the corridor, and down the stairs. As soon as we got to my room, I collapsed onto the ground, sighing.

Just seconds later, Eddie burst into my room.

“What did you hear?” he shouted.

I wasn’t quite sure how to answer that.  I sat there with my back on the wall and closed my eyes.

“Nothing. We were just passing by,” Ray answered for me.

“Why were you passing by? Didn’t I tell you not to come upstairs?” he hollered back. Where was mum at a time like this?

“Amy felt ill so she wondered if she could ask you what to do,” Ray carried on. That’s it, keep going Ray!

“Oh. Did you eat anything strange today?” he asked, looking at me. I opened my eyes and touched my head.

“I have a headache.”

The best excuse or what?

Eddie was studying medicine anyway, so it was okay.

Suddenly mum came running. Ammy, my little sister, was following closely behind.

“What’s happening? Why were you shouting Edward?” she said with her kind voice that could soothe anything. She was amazing at singing, and if you were to listen to just ten seconds of a song you would fall asleep.

“Amy felt ill but I though she was eavesdropping on me,” he answered with gritted teeth.

“Amy? Are you okay?” Ammy chirped, walking over to me. I smiled at her.

“I’m alright now, thanks to you,” I replied. Her face lit up.

“Really?”

“Yup. Now, can you all leave? Headaches don’t go away that easily y’know.”

They left, Ammy leaving last. I let out a huge sigh of relief when they were out of the hearing range of my room.

“That was close…” I said.

“Let’s go to sleep. After all tomorrow we have to be in school at eight am!”

~The School Main Hall 08:02~

“Good morning year ten! Thank you for coming this morning - I know it’s a Saturday morning! I’ll be handing out the scripts, so please take a look through them. At half-past we’ll start rehearsing, okay?” Miss Lee spoke through the microphone. She walked around the hall in her high heels and handed out all a hundred and twenty two copies of the script. I looked through mine carefully. Nearly every page was filled with my lines. I pouted, reading the first scene. There was so much to memorize!

~The Main School Hall 08:30~

“Everyone! (clap, clap) Hurry and come on the stage! I want to show you your places for the first scene. Amy!” Miss Lee shouted.

“Yeah?”

“Come over here!”

I reluctantly walked over to her, walking past Samuel. I gulped, as I caught him in the corner of my eye.

“At the beginning, you’ll be with Jessica in the middle of the stage. Jessica! Come over here!”

Jessica ran over grinning at me. I showed my teeth to her but didn’t smile.

We sat next to each other awkwardly whilst Miss Lee put everyone in their place. The only thing that caught my attention was when she called out Samuel.

“Samuel? Come over and sit on the throne.”

Oh yeah… Samuel was the king. Did that mean… I would get to speak to him? I grinned inside but showed an expressionless face on the outside. This was what made me ‘cool’. A lot of year sevens admired me because I was ‘cool’. Maybe… by some chance Samuel thought I was cool too?

I almost slapped myself for even thinking that.

Since today was a Saturday, I was allowed to wear home clothes. I had put on a white dress with roses along them hem. The skirt was knee high and had a couple of inside layers which was why I wore it. I had a white cardigan on and was wearing white ballet pumps. Ray had borrowed my Hollister t-shirt, some jeans and was wearing her usual school Doc Martens. I had my side fringe clipped back and my hair down. 

“Amy! Jessica! We’re going to start now!” I heard Miss Lee call. Took a deep breath, and waited for the first narrator to finish reading. Me and Jessica had our little conversation, then I got up, and followed the White Rabbit, played by Tyler, another fit guy but not as clever as Samuel. He winked at me as I followed him, making me blush. Then as I went down the ‘hole’, my eyes caught Samuels. Argh! I seriously could’ve died on the spot right there…

I quickly averted my gaze, and read my lines.

“Okay! Thank you everyone for coming this morning! Please have a safe journey home, and start learning your lines! Please do help each other! Well then, goodbye!” Miss Lee announced, clapping her hands. I got up, wiped my skirt and linked arms with Ray.

“You were great dude!” Ray exclaimed.

“Thanks… but I’m really not looking forward to this!”

We walked out of the school gates, and hopped on the bus back home.

~~~

NEXT CHAPTER PREVIEW

Hey! Amy here! In the next chapter I'll be performing the play! Let's hope it goes well... But who is that suspisious looking person in the front row? Maybe... someone famous?