Chapter 16 Residential, Along with some Acting!

Absolute Star

Chapter 16 - Residential, Along with some Acting!

~~~

“Has everyone got their bags?” Miss Lee said.

“Yes!” we replied.

“Money?”

“Yes!”

“Then let’s go! It’s rare that Maple Tree High let students go on residential trips, so let’s enjoy this weekend! It’ll be full of physical fun!”

The class guffawed at this. Physical fun. Yeah, great way to put it Miss Lee! We went out of the classroom, to the school gates. Five buses awaited us. The other classes were already on the buses, so we got on the last one. I was next to Ray, with Peter sitting next to an empty seat. A couple of girls were going hyper from the fact that they were going on a residential with Neutral Boy, even though we were going to be in different dorms. Ah well, let them think what they want.

“I’m so excited Amy!” Ray said. I nodded watching her fix her make-up. Peter was reading a dance book. Most of the girls had earphones inserted into their ears, boys on their PSPs. But obviously Lola was reading a fashion magazine. ‘What a surprise’. 

The journey took two hours. It was raining and muddy. Lucky I was wearing some wellies because Ray had trainers on and they got completely soaked in mud and water. Lola’s heels were ruined. I laughed to myself. Peter was next to me, also in wellies. I told him to wear them, because I knew the weather wasn’t going to be great.

“Settle down everyone! Now, as you can see we are at our destination. You will be staying in wooden outdoor dormitories, five in each. Boys and girls will be separated, I have already decided the dorm plans. Dorm one, Harriet, Sara, Belle, Jasmine and Honey. Two, Lucy, Aisha, Celeste, Lottie and Natalie. Three, Amy, Rachael, Lola, Tori and Lizzie.”

“What? No way! I don’t want to be stuck with Amy!” Lola complained. Thanks.

“Shush! I put Tori and Lizzie in with you, plus it’s only for two nights. You’ll be in different activity groups, it’s just for night time.” Miss Lee was going slightly pink. Well, being shouted at by a student wasn’t exactly something to be proud of. Lola stormed off back into a coach, but was kicked off by the driver who was about to leave.

“Anyway, so dorm four…”

She carried on calling out names, then let us go to our dorms. I went in and saw two bunk beds and a single one. There was a toilet and sink at the back, and a closet for coats and shoes. I put dibs on the first bunk, letting  Ray clamber up the ladder. She obviously wanted to sleep at the top! I dumped my two bags on the floor. They both had clothes in, because Miss Lee said we would be getting wet and muddy pretty much every minute of the day. Lola came in seconds later, letting Tori and Lizzie carry her sparkly bag. They had their own bags to see to as well.

“Oi, you. Don’t get in my way or I’m seriously going to flip.” Lola flicked her long blonde hair.

“Whatever,” I replied. I caught a glance of the contents in her bag, and it was full of high heels, mini skirts and of course, Messy Cam tanks. There was also a make up bag. It’s a school trip. Not some ‘boys check girls out’ party! Ray was on her phone, texting.

“What’s up Ray?” I asked, curious.

“Oh, I’m texting my new boyfriend!”

Boyfriend? Since when?

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“Well you couldn’t have met him anyway since you’re so busy. Anyway, come up here so I can show you a picture of him!”