Chapter 21 An Angel's Anguish

Absolute Star

Chapter 21 An Angel’s Anguish

~~~

~Monday 31st 09:49~

“AMY STAR, OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!” 

I yawned and sat up on the cold, tiled floor. Someone was banging on the door very loudly which was very annoying. I made my way into the bedroom and looked at the time. Nine fifty. Hmm, not bad for someone who slept at two thirty. The banging came again and suddenly Danny burst in. The housekeeping lady looked pretty red - but it was a different one this time. She was quite plump but with a heart-warming smile.

“What’s up with you ugly?” Danny asked, staring at me. I looked confused and put my hands up. “Your eyes are as red as the devils’! What did you do?”

I gingerly looked towards the mirror and saw someone completely different. A girl with messy blonde hair, light skin, light pink lips and red eyes. Nothing compared to me, who had neat, wavy blonde hair, light skin, light red lips and green eyes. Danny was right. The reflection was down right ugly.

“We’ll have to get Ashley and Coco to fix that face and hair. Tell me… is it heartbreak?”

I grimaced to the best of my ability before picking some random clothes from my suitcase.

“Hurry, you have ten minutes to get ready. Tut, tut, you really ought to wake up earlier! You’ll have to pick up some breakfast at the special effects studio. Camilla and Scarlett are already there. Lillie is ill today, so we’ll have to rely on Camilla. I’m off now, Indigo is just coming!”

I sighed and pulled on a hoodie and jeans, some random socks and my new boots. I placed a baseball cap on my head to block the bright sunlight beaming down from the sky, and grabbed my bag.  After checking everything was in there, I snatched the key from the plastic shelve and closed the door. Indigo was incoming, so I waved to stop her. She smiled, said hello, and took me down to a taxi.

“I won’t be coming with you, sorry. But have fun filming and I’ll see you later!”

“Bye,” I replied with a tired voice.

She waved as I got in the taxi. “Bye hun!”

“Tristane Albert Studios?” the driver asked. I nodded and relaxed for the fifteen minute drive.

~

“Ah, Amy Star! Nice to meet you!” a man with tanned skin greeted.

“And you,” I replied. 

“I’m Lewis, and I’ll be looking after you for today. Liam and Zac are already in the main studio, and today we’ll mainly be filming Liam Zac defeating Liam. You can get a tea or coffee from the vending machine if you like, then come to dressing room B. Got it? B.”

“Yeah!”

“I’m going to the main studio now, which is just straight ahead, then left. Feel free to roam around until eleven, or you can come and watch the filming!”

I nodded as he made a quick escape. I looked up at the five floors of dressing rooms and studios, and decided to look around. There could be all sorts of famous people here!

First I went up the elevator to the first floor and looked around. I only peeped through the open doors, which were mainly empty. At this time I wanted to go to dressing room B, but got a little bit lost. Then I came across an open door with a woman in her thirties sitting in front of the make-up table.

“Give me my bag,” she asked, facing the mirror. Her eyes were shut.

“Eh?”

“I said, my bag.”