Not alone?

Derek’s POV:

I’m still trapped in a blur. I feel like I’m not alive but neither am I dead. I can think and feel and sometimes I see images of what I suppose is snapshots from what is going on in the real world. Mostly those images appear during daytime and it’s like I can touch reality like if I was reaching for the surface from under water. But I never reach the surface, I hit a transparent wall and all I can do is see and hear what is going on but not act on it. During the last few weeks it had been like that. The only difference I felt was that the images and the sight of reality becomes more and more rare. In a way I’d not been very keen on getting out of this living nightmare or mental prison. I’d seen what my body had done to Molly, I’d seen life be sucked out of her beautiful, fragile body. I’d seen the look in her eyes when she slowly realized she was gonna die and it was me who killed her. Every drop of her blood running down my throat had felt like drinking boiling water. It was the most agonizing thing I’d ever experienced. I thought losing my family was the worst thing someone would ever have to live through, but sadly enough I had been proven wrong. When my hands had let go of her body, which had become colder and paler the more blood I’d drunk, I’d just left her on the floor. I’d tried so hard to gain the power of my own muscles, but it was like I had been tied down and I could only visually percept my own actions. At that time it felt like it was my own actions even though it was clear to me I’d been taken hostage when it happened. What was the point of fighting now? The candle in the dark was put out – Molly was dead. I had seen or heard no proof of her being alive, which only contributed to my increased weakness. I had failed to protect her and she was dead because of my father. I had tried cheer myself up by imagining how things would have worked out if none of this had happened. I saw us going on casual dates, I saw us laying on my sofa watching all of her favorite movies, I imagined I held her close in her sleep while gently stroking her hair.. but I’d stopped it, because the pain of knowing it would never happen was unbearable. I’d seen myself approaching other women, experienced another person use my voice and communicate with them.. Though I’d found out I had one useful skill – I could shut those images out. I knew it was at night time those incidents showed up, so I shut it all off when I knew David was on his way for dinner. I also knew it might lead to letting go of all of the control I might still have been possessing, but seeing myself being around women, and practically seducing them, felt so wrong.

But what was that? I suddenly felt a rush of energy. It was a feeling I recognized.. a feeling I’d been familiar with my whole life. It was the feeling of an upcoming full moon. I wondered what would happen when the transition would have to set in. Would David be able to hold it back? Would I have a chance to be set free? Would it be the end of me? I’d heard Maurice talk about it, but he didn’t seem to know anything else but David being vulnerable during the full moon. But was he vulnerable to me? And what about after the full moon? Again, what was the point of getting out when the reason to keep fighting was gone forever..

Molly’s POV:

It was the night of the fullmoon. We’d finished training earlier today so the others could prepare for the transition later. Scott was invited to join them in the cellar. I knew if he’d turned them down Jason would have demanded him to come anyway, but he’d thankfully said yes. I guessed Stiles would like to have a night off from werewolf duty too. The last few days we’d been training with the witches too. We knew when David would show up so there was no chance he’d suspect my existence or that we would be up to something while being in the factory. I’d been included in the training too. I was introduced to some ways I could try to protect myself from werewolves. I was also provided with some of the weapons Ralph had made if it came to that. The plan was that I was going to stay home tomorrow and the others would be at the house all day. That way it would seem normal and hopefully David wouldn’t notice that I was still alive. If the others weren’t gonna survive David’s arrival I was told to go back to Denmark or anywhere from here. I didn’t like to think about that scenario at all, but I knew those kinds of plans were necessary. The others would stay inside the house since when David now was half werewolf he wouldn’t be able to get inside. But we couldn’t predict what kinds of tricks Maurice would hide up his sleeve.