An odd friend request

Eyes.. red eyes..  yellow eyes.. Everywhere I looked I saw red and yellow eyes in the dark. I heard howling coming from all sides. I was surrounded by wolves in a foreign forest and I was pretty sure I was lost. The full moon was the only source of light. I’d been running towards it hoping it would guide me somewhere safe, but I stopped when I noticed something strange. It was getting bigger and bigger and brighter and brighter by the second. At last I had to cover my eyes because of the sharp light started hurt my eyes.

I opened my eyes and felt the warmth of the sun caress my face. It was a dream.. it was only a dream...

It was morning now and I was lying in a bed in a room I’d never seen before. I was wearing a pajamas that didn’t belong to me and it seemed like someone had washed me up since we were at the cemetery. The cemetery… where was I now? I had the feeling I was at the Salvatore house, the furniture and decorations reminded me of the rest of Stefan and Damon’s house – or at least it reminded me of the rooms I’d been in. I sat up in the bed rubbing my eyes. I had a gross taste in my mouth.. it tasted like blood. My eyes fell upon a glass of water standing on the table next to the bed – just what I needed. When I turned to reach out for the glass on the night stand I noticed a muscular arm resting on the bed near my feet. I followed the length of the arm and saw Derek sleeping with his head lying on the bed along with his left arm. His peaceful face made me feel warm and happy. I quickly grabbed the glass of water and started drinking before I would wake up Derek. It wasn’t until I’d emptied half the glass I noticed my arm wasn’t hurting… and my cheek? I put the rest of the water on the night stand and turned to Derek again. He wasn’t sleeping anymore, he was staring at me with eyes showing astonishment and surprise.

“Molly? You’re awake??” it was like he needed to hear himself saying it out loud before he would believe his eyes.

I curled my legs up against my torso and put my arms around my knees feeling shy about the way he was looking at me. It was like meeting him for the first time all over again. It’d been so long since we’d been alone together so I had a hard time fighting my blushing.

“It… seems like it..” I answered his question with a smile – I simply couldn’t stop the corners of my lips when they turned upwards trying to reach my ears. I swear, I was convinced I was starting to look like the cat from the Disney movie Alice in Wonderland.

Derek got up and sat in front of my feet on the side of the bed. He gently stroke my knee, treating it like it was made of fragile glass.

“How’s your knee?” he asked me softly.

“It’s fine..” I answered shyly.

He moved his hand and gently touched my right arm. My skin trembled due to his tender touch.

“.. and the arm?” he added.

“Never better.”

His hand wandered from my right arm my cheek. I was prepared to feel pain, but when his hand met my skin I didn’t feel anything but a tickle. I put my hand on top of his, leaning my head against it.

“Your cheek? Does it hurt?” he asked and stroking it with his thumb.

“Not anymore.”

He leaned further towards me while moving his thumb so it stroke my upper lip.

“What about.. here?” he asked. His face was now really close to mine and I felt his fresh breath mixing with mine.

“I’m not sure.. maybe you need to check? You know, just to be sure.. considering everything that happ..” I was interrupted by Derek who prevented me from finishing my sentence when he gently pressed his lips against mine. His other hand grabbed my other cheek gently. My left hand grabbed the collar of his white t-shirt, signaling that he shouldn’t stop.