Almost there

Later at the meeting, Molly’s POV:

It was late at night and we were all sitting together in a moldy motel room. Literally everything in the room was brown or brown-ish, it was like a dumpsite from the 70’s. Tomorrow around noon we’d be in Virginia and we needed to discuss what we’d do when we got there. None of us were sure of what was waiting ahead of us.

Tammie and I were both sitting on one of the beds together. We’d rented the biggest room which contained two kingsize beds and a couch. Rose and I were gonna share a bad and so were Tammie and Sam. Jason offered to sleep on the couch as the gentleman he tried to be. Tammie was gently braiding my long brown hair, it was the most soothing and relaxing thing in the whole world. I loved when someone was ‘playing’ with my hair and it made me close my eyes for a moment and forget the purpose of our formal gathering. Sam was alone on the other bed investigating the room with her brown eyes. She didn’t seem pleased at all. Rose was sitting in the couch along with Jason until he stood up and clapped his hands together which made me jump from astonishment when the sound ripped me out of my mental wonderland.

“So.. what do we do. The plan goes this far – we go to Mystic Falls, find this Stefan guy whom we believe is a vampire and then we punk him for information about Claus. Now.. how do we do that? I mean.. he’ll probably become suspicious with us? What if he’s worse than Damon?!” he said and pointed out the window in the direction of my car.

I could easily follow his worries and thoughts about the way we were gonna approach Damon’s brother.

“Hmm.. I don’t know about you guys, but do you have the impression that vampires don’t like werewolves? Maybe the first meeting needs to be human-vampire or witch-vampire?” I suggested.

“You got a point there fluffcheeks..”

“Maybe I should go talk to him? If I get killed it wouldn’t be the biggest loss?” Sam suddenly uttered.

“Sam, don’t say that?!” Tammie almost yelled.

I was so shocked because of her outrageous suggestion that I found myself speechless with my mouth wide open.

“Well I’ve been pretty useless so far, haven’t I? I ended up being Damon’s companion, our endless training with spells haven’t been the biggest success either and now.. it all seems like a suicide mission to me no matter what we do, so I would gladly be the first to go instead of looking at everyone else getting killed one by one.” She argued with a grim face expression.

Why hadn’t she said anything? Where did all that suddenly come from?

“Why are you saying all that? You’re not useless!” Tammie said in a convincing tone.

“Well.. I have to be less worth than Molly, since I wasn’t ASKED to go on this mission to save HER boyfriend. I was just told to grab my things and go.” She spat back at Tammie and started to sound furious and blaming.

“Sam what’s the matter.. why didn’t you say anything before we left?” Rose cut in.

“Did it seem like there was time for Sam’s opinion? No, the only person whose feelings are valid are Molly’s!” she stated while getting up from the bed and looked at me with the most blaming eyes I’d ever received. It made me feel so bad and sorry for Sam. In a way she was right, it was my mission and she wasn’t obliged to go if she didn’t want to.

“Sam.. I.. why didn’t you come to me.. you should have said something before.. can’t we talk about all this?” I mumbled.. I had a hard time forming the words with my tongue.

“It’s a little late considering we’re close to yet another nest full of danger. And you Tammie.. you’re just doing everything for her? You’ve never done things like that for me and we’re the closest anyone could be.”