Here comes the hybrid

David’s POV:

It was early in the afternoon when I finally reached Mystic Falls. It was a small town with an old history, I’d heard about the place when I tried to figure out how to become half vampire, and it lived up to my expectations when I saw the houses. I knew I had to keep a low profile when this typically would be one of those towns where everyone knew everybody, and if there were any newcomers the word would spread quickly. Soon you’d have no secrets and your whole life would be out in the open. I had to put my body back in the trunk again, I didn’t want to take any chances if someone noticed it wasn’t breathing. People sometimes had trouble controlling their curiosity. It was no secret I detested ordinary people and their ordinary lives, and it really disappointed me when I found out my only son dated a human girl. With his body and strength he could have become so much more.. have so much power.. he was spared during the fire, it had to mean something, but no..

The boys were looking outside the windows of the car examining the houses. Soon I’d be rid of them, I didn’t enjoy my role as a babysitter. Crafty little bastards.. they were looking pale and tired, I had to admit I probably hadn’t fed them properly.

I wasn’t planning on checking in on a hotel. If the others were here they’d probably find me before I found them, so I decided to pull over and park in front of one of the first houses at the boarder of the city. I got out of the car and started walking towards the wooden house. I heard voices inside the house, so I knew someone was home. It was a woman and she was talking rapidly on the phone about random women crap. I knocked on the door and heard her tell the person she was talking to that she’d call her back since someone was at the door. I grinned when thinking, “That’s a promise you’re not gonna keep.”

The woman opened the door, she was around forty and seemed like a typical house wife with too much make up and too perfect hair. She looked surprised when she saw me, but suddenly she acted flirtatious.

“Oh helloooo.. who are you, handsome?”

“Hi. My name is Derek. I know this sounds weird.. but can I trouble you for a glass of water? One of my brothers are really thirsty and we’ve been driving for a long time.” I asked and played along with her flirting.

“Sure, come in.” she said and waved me inside while adjusting her hair with the other hand.

“Thank you.” I answered and grinned. When I passed her I heard the blood rushing through her veins and I felt hungry.

“Wait here, I’ll be right back with some water.” She said and walked away with shaking hips.

“This is almost too easy..”  I thought to myself. She came back from the kitchen with a glass of water and stood right in front of me smiling flirtingly.

“Here you go, handsome. But I wonder.. what about you? Don’t you need a drink? I’m sure your brother isn’t dying out there, or else you’d have seemed more desperate, am I right?” she asked and pulled the glass closer to her body when I was about to reach out for it.

“Oh.. I’m sure he’ll be fine. I’m more worried about you.” I said and grinned.

Her face turned from happy to confused in a second. “What do you mean?”

I slowly grabbed her by the neck and started to squeeze it slowly while starring right into her eyes saying, “Don’t you dare to scream..”

But something went wrong, the woman squealed and threw the water in my face. The water burned my skin and my eyes hurt like hell. I had to let go of the woman, the pain was too much and I started rubbing my eyes.

“Jesus woman.. what’s happening.. what’s in the water??” I slowly regained my vision and I saw the woman hurrying to one of the tables to get her cell phone. I leaped after her and pressed her against the wall while covering her mouth before she could call for help.